It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #1
(female)

UnLucky_13 HB User
IUI And Donor Sperm

Ok so here I go. Tomorrow my DH will be providing a sperm sample and I am taking it to the lab. I will find out the results on July 25th. But the doctor has mentioned that if hubby has a low but existent sperm count doing an IUI. If it is super low we are going to mix hubby sperm with donor sperm.
first question has anyone heard of this being done? Second how does the IUI alone cost? We do have insurance but I don't know if they will cover any of it. and About how much will the whole thing cost? Any help will be much appreciated.
They will probably have to use Provera to start my AF(I am on 57th day without AF). Then will probably also need to Clomid or something to make me ovulate.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User
Re: IUI And Donor Sperm

Hi Unlucky

I have never heard of sperm being mixed like that, the only problem I would have with that is you wouldnt know if the baby was DH biological child or not, which doesnt matter but Im sure he would like to know. But at the end of the day if it gets the result you so desire then I say go for it if neither of you have a problem with it. I live in Australia so I dont know how much it costs in USA. Well good luck and I hope you get your BFP very soon.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
(female)

UnLucky_13 HB User

That is the whole point. We don't want to know if it is hubbys baby or donors. We don't think it is important. .

Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

I dont think its important either and if it doesnt bother either of you to know then I say so go for it, I, like you would do anything to have a baby. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Closed Thread