It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

Kattaway71 HB User
Question 21 day cycle and implantation bleeding?

I am a 35 yr old mother of two sons. My BF and I have been having unprotected sex since June. We would definitely welcome a baby, thats why we have unprotected sex. My cycle runs on average 21 days with an occasional extra week thrown in maybe once a year. The first day of my last period was Oct 18th and we had sex on the 23rd, 26th & 29th. On Tuesday afternoon at work, I noticed I was spotting. It was bright red and very mucousy. It's lasted until today and it's stopped this morning. I thought maybe I was getting another period. I read that implantation bleeding is brown and very very light. This wasnt spotting, but more like a light day and red, not brown. I also thought maybe he hit something inside and it made me bleed but for 2 days and why now? All the posts i've read are for normal 28-30 something day cycles. Any advice or suggestions?

Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
(female)

racecarsnotdogs HB User
Re: 21 day cycle and implantation bleeding?

Have you gone to your doctor about the short cycles? I suppose anything is possible about the implantation bleeding (but I've been falsely lead down that path before), but I would be concerned about the length of the cycles. Anytime your luteal phase (the length of time between when you ovulate and AF) is shorter than 14 days it can be indicative of a problem. Has your cycle always been this way?

Or maybe it's perfectly normal, but I would definitely get it checked out if it was happening to me, especially while trying to conceive. Just to be on the safe side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

Kattaway71 HB User

Yes, my periods have been this way since I started having them when I was 14. Always been on a 21 day cycle which I have always been told is normal.. just as some women have a 30+ day cycle. I've been able to get pregnant fairly easily both times I tried conceiving my sons (who are now 14 & 7). The bleeding had stopped completely, so it was about 24 hours, never heavy.
Hmm, I will just wait and see. Maybe it was just the sex we had the night before (although that's never happened before either). Oh well, thanks!!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
(female)

racecarsnotdogs HB User

That's a bummer - a period every 3 weeks! Good luck to you. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
(female)

Kattaway71 HB User

Well, today is Nov 8th and no period as of yet. Like I said, I normally have a pretty regular 21 day cycle which means I should be starting my period now. Of course, I could be having that occasional irregular period. I read about early pregnancy symptoms and I am not having anything too extreme, no breast changes or tenderness but I am having some light nausea, just a queezy feeling, some heartburn and these two last off and on all day. Last night I was up at midnight about to hug the toilet, I just knew I was going to throw up, but didn't. Heartburn was horrible last night as well. Hmm, frequent urination, for about the last 3 days, I've been going every 1.5 to 2 hours. No more spotting, which I usually do before my period, not even a feeling of my period coming on. I've been feeling tired but I don't think anything out of the usual and my boyfriend says I have been extra extra moody & bitchy. But, all of this could just be coincidence too. I think I am going to wait a few more days, and see of AF pays a visit.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
(female)

Kattaway71 HB User

5 days later, still no period. That offically makes me 1 week late. I took a test on Friday and it was negative, soooo I guess I am just messed up. lol Or, maybe it was too soon for a positive test? Who knows. Like I initially said, I am not actively TTC, but it would be welcomed should it happen. Maybe I just need to make an appt with my doctor. If AF doesn't visit by the end of the week, I guess I will try another test!

Closed Thread