It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

tinytks HB User
New and need help

Im 16 and ive bn diagnosed with Endometriosis and was told that it will b hard for me to conceive and ive had chylamadia and jus found out that i have herpes. Should i try to conceive now or wait a couple yrs longer and risk not becoming pregnant. I want 1 baby of my own

Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
(female)

Yulata HB User
Re: New and need help

Well hello!

How were you diagnosed with endometriosis? What did the doctor tell you?

With endometriosis there sometimes is tissue in certain places that needs to be removed, but most of the time it isn't the determining factor in pregnancy. And you can have any problematic tissued removed at anytime in the future.

You've had chlamydia; were you treated with medicines? (a shot in the butt and some pills for a week?) Because as long as you were treated early, this shouldn't interfere with conception either.

Herpes. Yup it is super common. You might want to look into Valtrex suppression... but it won't make or break conception.

Waiting will not determine if you have a baby as long as your chlamydia was properly treated. The endometriosis and herpes will not prevent pregnancy. So getting pregnant is not a "now or never" sort of thing for you.

You are on the young side to be looking at motherhood.... and there isn't a medical reason to hurry the process so how about a few more years under your belt with some education and all that good stuff.

-Yulata

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
(female)

tinytks HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulata View Post
Well hello!

How were you diagnosed with endometriosis? What did the doctor tell you?

With endometriosis there sometimes is tissue in certain places that needs to be removed, but most of the time it isn't the determining factor in pregnancy. And you can have any problematic tissued removed at anytime in the future.

You've had chlamydia; were you treated with medicines? (a shot in the butt and some pills for a week?) Because as long as you were treated early, this shouldn't interfere with conception either.

Herpes. Yup it is super common. You might want to look into Valtrex suppression... but it won't make or break conception.

Waiting will not determine if you have a baby as long as your chlamydia was properly treated. The endometriosis and herpes will not prevent pregnancy. So getting pregnant is not a "now or never" sort of thing for you.

You are on the young side to be looking at motherhood.... and there isn't a medical reason to hurry the process so how about a few more years under your belt with some education and all that good stuff.

-Yulata
She did a lapascopy thing and removed them. I switched gynos tho not to long ago and he wants to put me on Lupron Depot for the Endometriosis. But im not so sure i want to do that, especially with all the meno. symptoms and everything. I had chylamadia last Jan and i took Zithromax and went baq 2 weeks later and it was gone. I have regularly Pap and Exams cuz of the Endometriosis. And then jus yesterday i was diagnosed with Herpes. Ive had the breakouts, the 1st was in July and the cultures were neg. and so i had a blood test and it was positive. Im scared!!! And i wish i knew who i got them from. If u was in my situation would you get the Lupron Shot??

Old 12-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
(female)

tinytks HB User

She did a lapascopy thing and removed them. I switched gynos tho not to long ago and he wants to put me on Lupron Depot for the Endometriosis. But im not so sure i want to do that, especially with all the meno. symptoms and everything. I had chylamadia last Jan and i took Zithromax and went baq 2 weeks later and it was gone. I have regularly Pap and Exams cuz of the Endometriosis. And then jus yesterday i was diagnosed with Herpes. Ive had the breakouts, the 1st was in July and the cultures were neg. and so i had a blood test and it was positive. Im scared!!! And i wish i knew who i got them from. If u was in my situation would you get the Lupron Shot??

Old 12-20-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
(female)

Yulata HB User

Visually seeing the ectopic uterine tissue is the only way to Dx endometriosis so I'm glad they did right by you.

Lupron would definitley help with the problems associated with Endometrosis and sounds like a reasonable option for you. What do you want to do with regards to the endometreosis?

May I make a plug for some condoms regardless of the lupron? you've been exposed to both Herpes and chlamydia so you want to protect your fertility but reducing those exposures.. yeah? Most of the time Chalmydia is silent in women and we don't know until we get screened via pap... so protect yourself!

Many people have herpes. Many people don't know they have herpes so even if you asked they could innocently say they don't have it. Which is why that virus is so prevalent.

-Yulata

Closed Thread