It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
(female)

Busy1234 HB User
How long after I see EWCM am I fertile?

Yesterday I had cramps really bad and I felt a "pinching" feeling in my left side. I didnt think anything of it but this morning I woke up and checked my CM and it was EWCM. I havent had EWCM since before I was on bcp! I am so excited but my dh works night shifts right now and I have to work all day today. Is later tonight too late?? If I was having cramps yesterday and ewcm this morning how long would I have to bd? Please any comments would help so much!! Baby Dust

Last edited by Busy1234; 02-12-2008 at 03:38 AM. Reason: fix my spelling...

Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Re: How long after I see EWCM am I fertile?

Well if you’re seeing EWCM, it’s your fertile time but it’s hard to pin point the day unless your taking your temp too. If you aren’t temping, you definitely should b/c it’s really just the neatest thing ever to actually see and know what’s going on with your body. I learned my lesson a couple weeks ago to not go just by EWCM. I had a lot of EWCM on Sunday so DH and I was sure to BD on Saturday, Sunday and Monday then that was it. However, later on in the week on Friday, I saw EWCM again so we went ahead and BD on Friday too then Saturday morning, my temp shot up so I know now that I O’d on Friday rather than Monday like I had thought. You can have EWCM for a day or up to a week. Just be sure to BD this week! Again, I also recommend temping as well so you will know for sure if you did O. Just b/c you see EWCM, doesn’t always mean you O.

Goodluck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

Busy1234 HB User

Thanks!! I began tracking my temps this month but with me being an airhead I only took it twice... oops! If nothing happens this month I am for sure going to track them next month! I just need to remember before I get out of bed...

I was afraid that I missed O because of the cramps yesterday and the ewcm this morning.... which I havent had any more of since?! It sorta went back to dry/sticky... Im only on cd11. Could I have O'd yesterday or even the day before? The last day we BD'd was 6 days ago....

Help!?!?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

Well, it’s really hard to tell by going on CM alone b/c like I said, you can see EWCM the day you ovulate or for the next week after you ovulate. If you stay dry/sticky for the next couple of days, then my guess would be that you O’d yesterday. Just get back into temping! It’ll take some time to get into the routine but once you do, you’ll do it religiously. I wake up at 6am during the week so it’s really hard to wake up at 6 on the weekends but I do then I just roll over and go back to sleep. I’m really strict/crazy/obsessed about temping now though. I went over the rules with DH like don’t make me talk in the morning, don’t move until after my temp is finished… lol, poor thing. He’s a trooper. Goodluck though, it’s frustrating at first.

How long have you been off of BCP?? I went off the middle of June ’07 b/c I figured it would be months before my body got back into routine and I thought that by the time that happens, we will be ready to try for a baby. Well, I was pregnant at the end of July! Sadly, it ended in miscarriage but I didn’t see that one coming so you never know!

Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
(female)

Busy1234 HB User
Smile Re: How long after I see EWCM am I fertile?

Well I am temping next month, thats for sure! I can't stand not knowing what is going on with my body. ugh!

I went off bcp's in late August 07. I had really screwy cycles up until last month when I finally got them straightend out with Vitamin B6. It does wonders! I had periods every 2 weeks! Whew, Im glad that is over!

I am soo sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully we both get pregnant soon! Im getting so impatient! lol

Af is supposed to arrive around 2/26. I hope I didnt mess up this month! DH's B-Day is on the 26th. Talk about a birthday surprize!! Wouldnt that be nice!?!

Last edited by Busy1234; 02-12-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

If you have had sex recently, EWCF can be confused with semen. Just a side note.

Closed Thread