It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
I'm Tired

After about 6 months of trying (with a miscarriage in the middle), I have decided to not let ttc consume my life. We will still be TTC, but not to the extent as before. I am not going to worry about BBT or BD'ing like clockwork. My poor DH has been very supportive, but he is also frustrated. I also have a three-year-old son. I really, really want another child, but I also have other priorities. I will just wait and it will happen when it is meant to happen. AF is supposed to show in a few days. Getting my hopes up and then feeling depressed when AF shows is another event I am tired of. I know a lot of you have been trying for a lot longer and are very optimistic. I don't know how you do it.

Good luck to all of you and congrats to all the BFP's. I will be lurking in and out as usual.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Re: I'm Tired

Blue eyed girl… gosh, I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. I miscarried back in September ’07. I had a VERY long recovery from the D&C so this is only my 3rd month TTC and I’m so so frustrated. DH is so very frustrated as well. I’m ready to throw my thermometer out the window! The only reason I keep temping every morning is b/c I know if I go to the doc, she’s going to want to see charts and temps. However, I really am going to take a break as soon as AF shows (11dpo now)… DH and I are taking a trip to Chicago in April for our anniversary which so happens to also be the date our baby would have been due to be born.

Good luck to you. You know, I’ve heard the miracle happens when you stop trying! Wishing you all the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

h19 HB User

I'm sorry to hear that you are both so frustrated. Why does this have to be so hard!! I hope you both get the miracles you deserve!

It is often when you stop trying/or looking for something that it show up! Good luck!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
(female)

lost_n_confused HB User

im sorry you are frustrated. i know how hard it is going through this.. i have also decided to not try so hard now.. of course i really dont have a choice because dh is gone mon-friday now so if i do get pg it will be a miracle but stressing about it just isnt going to help any, i mean hes gone most of the week so that means most of a month so my time wont coincide with when hes home probably. but im always going to want a child so i guess i will keep hoping maybe someday it will happen but as for now i am stuck with cards i have been delt.... i have faith that someday we will have our BFPs to post!!! good luck!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I understand where all of you are coming from because I was in your situation not to long ago. After 6yrs TTC with drs,meds, timing, temping we decided we was stressing our marriage and ruining the loving relationship we have. So In Sept.07 we called it all off no more trying no more test we just simply made love when we wanted and not BD because we felt we had to.
Well the good news in all of this is in Feb. we found out we was pregnant. I am not going to say stop trying and worring and it will happen because I hated that when people told me I use to get so made over it. I hope you all get a bfp real soon. Enjoy being married and sharing the love with your DH treasure the time you have together with out all the stress of TTC. Just know it is going to take time to break the TTC habits to not reach for a themometer first thing and count days.
Good luck and baby dust to you
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Thanks for the upbeat comment. I see pregnant women all the time and think I would be just as far along. It is emotionally draining at times. Good luck to all of you!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
(female)

WATCHOUT! HB User

Hey...I want to encourage all of you out there that are TTC..I am considering now trying to get pregnant again..will be 36 in July..I have two boys who are going to be 12 and 10 in the fall. My story is that at the age of 20 my hubby and I tried to get pregnant. He is considered sterile. I, at least in this situation was considered a text book case of health, regular always on time periods, great hormones and great ovulations. I watched helplessly how everyone around me had no problem getting pregnant. I ended up in a fertility clinic after months of trying and did artificial inseminations on about dozen different occasions...not even that worked. I was too young to adopt and too young for any other procedures. They didn't dare give me hormones for the real fear that I was told I would definitely IF I did conceive end up with multiples. So DH and I packed up our idea of a family and moved on...3 years went by, no birth control used all that time and one night my husband and I went to a healing service at our church and a month later we got pregnant on our own, with a husband who basically has nothing..go figure...then tragically I was rear ended in my car, and because I was so thin and the pregnancy was only weeks in...I had a miscarriage, 1 month later I was pregnant again though and had my first son. The strange thing was that it took me only one month to have my second son. Just know It IS possible to get pregnant even if things don't seem to go right. My DH and I were told by so many Dr's that we couldn't have our own bio kids...that it just wasn't possible..he had if he was lucky...a dozen good sperm...that most if not all of his sperm were deformed, or didn't swim..yet we DO have kids. People just don't understand how difficult it is to NOT be able to get pregnant easily. I felt like I was less of a woman because I just couldn't be like everyone else. But now looking back, I realize to NOT listen to Dr's..that anything is possible. Just keep trying, keep a good attitude, and don't give up...Good Luck and God Bless!

Closed Thread