It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

dodginangel HB User
Post Trying to get pregnant after being on depo shot and can't get pregnant.

I have been trying to get pregnant and I am starting to think that I now might not be able to concieve anymore. I have a 3 year old daughter and shortly after I had her I went on that orthro evera patch. It didn't work and I of course got pregnant.

The pregnancy only lasted 6 months. They called me to schedule an appointment in Iowa City because they found something on my ultrasound that needed to be checked out. Before I was scheduled to go down I had a normal doctor visit and that is when I got the news that I had lost my son. He wasn't breathing and his heart wasn't beating on the ultrasound machine.

They induced me and I had him normally except this time I wouldn't have anything to hold. My doctor then put me on the depo shot right away. He said my body needed time to heal. That night after getting home from the hospital I had a sezier. I guess it was my bodys way of dealing with the loss.

As for me being on depo, I quit that after the 2nd shot. I had a period 24/7. It took a year and 2 months for my body to get back to once a month periods after I had stoped with the shots. Sence January of this year I have been trying to get pregnant and it's been 2 years sense I stoped with the depo shots. I still haven't gotten pregnant and now I m worried. Should I be? I am going to get checked out by a doctor as soon as our insurence starts but I am afraid of what I will find out. Any advice would be helpful thanks.

Last edited by Mod08; 05-21-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Please use the TTC/Women's Health Board until there is a confirmed pregnancy. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Trying to get pregnant after being on depo shot and can't get pregnant.

I took the depo shot too. When I started I never had a period again when I stopped still no period I did get pregnant with my son after 2 years of not being on the shot. I had not had a period since the month before my 16th birthday I had DS when I was almost 20. Dh and I have been ttc this one for 7.5 years and I do believe in my heart that the shot messed me up really bad. I did have a period after my son and since but they was so screwed up. my cycles would be 36-40 days I would ovulate on day 28 or 30 had short luteal phases. I had to take clomid and provera to finally get my cycles back straight. The clomid to ovulate on a normal day in my cycle and provera to start af when it was suppose to.
I know I will never take the shot again and I advise anyone I hear talk about taking it not to. To everyone it sounds easy one shot every 3 months lite to no AF nothing to remember but the side effects. Young people like I was don't think about what will I want when I get older and more settled. All I seen was easy and no risk of pregnacy. I have regretted taking it all my life.
I hope you can get things straight and conceive naturally and I am so terribly sorry about your son I wasn't as far as you was when I lost mine but I know how hard it was.
Good Luck
Tami
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 05-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

carterscutie85 HB User
Re: Trying to get pregnant after being on depo shot and can't get pregnant.

Well maybe the shot just affects different people differently. I know my friend Tonya got pregnant with her daughter the month after she got the shot. And my friend Steffie is now pregnant after having taken the shot for 2 years and being off the shot for 1 year. My doctor told me that when a person gets that shot, it stays in their system for a very long time. I didn't ask her how long but she told me she personally doesn't really like to give that shot to people because then when they go off it and TTC, it makes it harder for them to.

Closed Thread