It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

Paye HB User
Earliest Pregnancy symptoms

I was just curious as to what were some of your earliest pregnancy symptoms, for those who have been pregnant before, and how soon did you feel them? In reading different websites they all say that the symptoms don't come on until about a month, but I know that many women experience symptoms much earlier. I was just wondering what your experiences were. We are ttc #2 and with DS I had no idea I was pregnant until I missed a period. We've had to try harder for #2 and sometimes I wonder if my mind isn't playing tricks on me because we want it so much!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User
Re: Earliest Pregnancy symptoms

I had cramps very similar to AF cramps...I for sure thought I was going to start my period. Good Luck! I hope this is your month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

h19 HB User

I haven't been pg before, but with my friends they said the earliest symptoms they have had is really sore bbs!

Good luck to you!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User

Hey there,

My first clue that something was up was sore bbs, I normally get them anyway but this was different. Felt sore all over when it's normally just the sides and they felt definitely fuller. I first noticed that CD22 which was 9dpo.

Best of luck xx

Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

With my DS, I had AF symptoms so I didn't know until AF didn't show. I am now 8 weeks pregnant with our second child. My boobs got sore around ovulation and stayed sore. They did the month before, too, so I brushed it off. I got nauseous about 4 days before AF was due. I thought I had food poisoning or was coming down with something. It turned out to be MS. Other symptoms came along after I got the BFP.

Good luck!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
(female)

Paye HB User

For those who had cramps similar to af, how soon did you feel those? I'm only about 6 dpo, but I keep feeling light cramps like af is about to come even though it's not due for a while yet. I'm trying hard to ignore them as to not get my hopes up!

Thanks for all of the responses! It's interesting to read what everyone's first symptoms were! Hopefully we will all be experiences some of those soon!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
(female)

kristi6190 HB User

my first symtoms were before my missed period! i was probably 2 weeks pregnant the first time i got nauseous. it came on out of no where. my DH and i were just watching a movie and out of no where i got high anxiety and nausea. i knew right then for some reason. then around my missed period my bbs were a little sore. i found out i was pregnant at 5.5 weeks. good luck!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
(female)

kristi6190 HB User

one more thing..i've acctually heard cramping after ovulation is a sign of pregnancy! or cramping 2-4 days after getting pregnant. its acctually the egg ataching itself to the cervix or something of that matter! oh its sounds positive! i don't want to get your hopes up though. good luck and keep us posted!!! *kristi

Old 07-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
(female)

Paye HB User

I'll keep my fingers crossed that that's what the cramps are! It's so hard to wait it out! Thanks Kristi!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User

I had some rather strange ones with my first pregnancy (Sadly I miscarried it) and I am currently trying again after waiting a year.

I had a heightened sense of smell - it was weird- I could smell all kinds of things - I could smell my dog's feet, food from a distance, etc. I also had more cm - slippery and was thirsty. I also had dizzy spells. I got period like cramping when my period was due.
As my pregnancy progressed after the positive test I had extreme taste aversions for things like toothpaste - I couldn't brush my teeth without wanting to gag. I couldn't stand the smell of zest soap - I could smell it a mile away. Water also tasted funny as I could taste the chlorine in the water and could only drink a certain brand of bottled water. I became very nautious - the all day kind but never actually threw up. I was also quite bloated.

I didn't have the classic sore bbs at all also they were a bit fuller and aerolas a bit more darker.

Every woman is different so it is hard to say. I had a friend who had no symptoms at all and another who had her period for the first 2 months.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
(female)

tatjana7217 HB User

I had AF type cramps at 3dpo till 8 dpo when i got a BFP.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
(female)

befer70 HB User

Paye~
I think we might be sitting in the same boat here ;o) DH and I just decided to TTC with baby #2 this month (DD will be 2 in October). I'm very fertile, so naturally I'm thinking that I will get pregnant on our first try. I've just asked myself the same question about VERY early pregnancy signs, since today I was feeling queasy off and on all day...
Like you, I'm only about 5 dpo and am just not sure. I've been having mild cramping and I spat out DD's Broccoli in discust today that I tried to finish off her plate...haha.

Anyway, I knew pretty early on with her that I was pregnant, but had more of a sore boobs kind of experience, which I don't have right now, or not yet? I guess we will find out next week the lastes whether it worked, right? Good luck to you and hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of each other soon!

Befer70

Old 09-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
(female)

Karen128 HB User

Today I got sudden pain in my BBS, and they never bother me, so I'm crossing my fingers!

I've read fatigue can be an early sympton, and a few months ago I was so tired I thought that had to be the reason and then I felt nausia last month for a day. But it wasn't... I think when your in the TWW you get a very heightened sense of your body just waiting for the right singnal.

When I got pregnant with my DD I barely had any sore BBS. The month before they were way more sore than normal, so I thought that was the month it was going to happen.

Closed Thread