It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User
Temps.. need some help

So, this cycle I've started to temp. Here is my breakdown..

CD1-CD4 I didn't temp..
CD5: 36.1
CD6: 36.1
CD7: 36.4
CD8: 36.3
CD9: 36.2
CD10: 36.1
CD11: 36.4
CD12: 36.3 (today)

so I know this isn't a very long break down but it's my first time doing this. I have a chart and it says that I should O on the 11th.. my temps rose twice, on CD7/8 I temped about an hour or 2 hours later then I normally would (it was the weekend ). So, I'm kind of not paying attention to that one. But, yesterday and today's temps are higher. I'm not sure when to expect the spike or what it would look like. Just need a bitta help. My last 3 cycles were short. 24/24/23 days each, the very last one wasn't as short at 27 days (just checked my calender lol). My normal cycle before all this mess would have been around 29 days. I think it could make sense to be O if I was having a shoter cycle again. I'm trying to unlock the secret to my cycle by charting! lol

I think I should also mention that I had some pains in my lower abdomen that I 'thought' could be O pains yesterday afternoon, but I've been tricked by this before! It almost felt like AF but a lot less painful lol. More like pinching twinges and felt a little bloated like I would for AF.

Thanks!

Last edited by thaele; 10-09-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: mixed up cycle lengths!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User
Re: Temps.. need some help

Sorry Thaele, but I haven't gone down the charting route yet, although probably will soon enough. I have a great book though, don't know if you've read it, but it's explains charting is huge detail. It's called Taking charge of your Fertility. I recommend it xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
(female)

quibby84 HB User

I dont think that just a .3 is much of a spike. It will spike like .7 or .8 I think. My temp has gone up and down since period, but not big differences, I will know I have Od when I have a really big spike. I would say to keep temping...it doesnt really look like you have Od yet...just hold out...maybe soon.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

According to my chart.. it says I did O on CD 10.. which was the 7th. My temps are also in celcius, so I think It's about the same as being .7 degrees off if I'm only .4 degrees off.. I'm not 100% sure.. I know today my temp was 36.6 though.. once I put that in, it put me as 3dpo. That would put me 4 days earlier then expected.. but we bd'd enough to catch it as I had a feeling my body would go stupid again lol.

I did have some O pains on the day after, I think I mentionned that earlier.. so maybe it makes sense? Or it's just off by a day? I dunno, but this is interesting. Never thought I'd say that haha.

I have that book too.. but haven't had a chance to get into it too much. I'm not a big reader plus have been soooo tired that when I get home from work I crash or veg and watch tv.

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited by Mod08; 10-10-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
(female)

Karen128 HB User

I only charted three months, but from what I could tell, I had a small increase in temp for one or two days after ovulation, and then there was a bigger rise that stayed higher for the rest of the cycle.

I think the main thing with charting is to make sure you have a long enough second half of the cycle with elevated temperatures. Also the second half of your cycle should be consistant from month to month when your first half may not be. So if you can see a pattern (I had two big dips a few days before O) then you can have a clue when your second half is coming.

For me I don't think it helped too much. It was more the CM and OPK that helped, but charting made me feel proactive and confident that my cycle was ok. My DH teased me about it and didn't think it was helpful at all!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

My chart is just.. confusing. By now, it should show that I've O'd, but it doesn't.

I'm wondering if other things can influence my temps. I'm constantly cold 24/7. The only time I'm not frozen is way early in the mornings, I mean like 3-4am.. I get very very hot in my sleep and then try to cool myself off by kicking off all the blankets.. so normally I wake up pretty cool in the mornings. I don't know if this is affecting my temps.

I've overlayed my charts with a few others on the site and there's quite a few people where their temps don't spike or dip by much at all like mine.

By this point I would think I've O'd already, but my temps aren't reflecting it. I'm going to keep doing this for 3 months in a row and see what it gives me but now I'm just more confused. We planned our bd around it and made sure we got it right, and then I thought we did good when it showed I did in fact O and we bd'd at all the right time.. but now it's like back to square one trying to figure out when we should bd again if I haven't O'd. At this point it's only a guessing game which sucks.

I could have sworn I had a lot of EWCM the other day, so.. I thought I did in fact O.

Bleh.. too confusing.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

I've got a quick question. According to my chart.. I do have a very slight temp shift.. the program I'm using doesn't recognize I've O'd yet though. I'll list my temps here in F.. because I'm finding it hard to really compared my chart being in Celcius.

CD5: 97.0
CD6: 97.0
CD7: 97.5 taken much later (weekend)
CD8: 97.35 taken much later (weekend again.. I like sleeping in )
CD9: 97.17
CD10: 97.0
CD11: 97.5
CD12: 97.35
CD13: 97.9 I didn't sleep so well the night before on this one. I think I had about 2 hours of consistent sleep before temping..
CD14: 97.2 (taken earlier)
CD15: 97.35
CD16: 97.35
CD17: 97.2 (taken earlier)
CD18: 97.35
CD19: 96.8
CD20: 97.2

I think I O'd on CD10 but it's not showing as such. With the exception of yesterday, CD19 96.8F... my temps have stayed at 97.2 or higher. THey've been at least .2 or more my guessed pre o. When I temped earlier was due to my cats waking me up at 5am for food.. so these temps I think might be a bit lower then they should be. Normally I temp around 645.. I don't know how to interpret this but for me to be so late on AF if I haven't O'd already is just very odd.

Anyway, what do you ladies think based on these temps? I read up and tried to find other women who had only a very minor slight increase, some of them barely had .2F increase and still got pg. My temps have stayed at 97.2F or higher since CD10 except for yesterday.. it makes sense and it doesn't. I guess I'm trying to make sense of it in a way I want lol.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

I should also add the only reason I'm revising my chart over again is because yesterday I had such a bad spell of dizziness.. I nearly fainted in my chair, not literally.. but you know when everything spins all of a sudden and you forget what you're doing? That was me :| And now today I have such an insane headache and these are all explainable otherwise of course. I just want to make sure I've O'd really. I've had such a crappy string of bad luck and bad news.. to know I've O'd would at least perk me up somewhat!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User

Thaele, I'm sorry I don't know how to read temps or recognise O from them, but I'm sorry to hear you're feeling a bit blue.

I hope someone can give you some insight xx

Old 10-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

I looked up other charts similar to mine.. it's just a slight temp increase but is enough to warrant for a temp shift for O.. if I did in fact O.. from what I'm reading anyway. For C all I need is to be consistently .1 degree higher from what I've read. For F it's at least .2 but they say you need .4 in the first 48 hours. I'm over analyzing but what else do I have to do but waste my time at this

Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

97.2F again today but now have some spotting. If this is AF then I am way earlier then I have ever been before. I'm only on CD21. My shortest cycle has been 23 days but that one came on very abruptly all of a sudden and quite heavy bright red stuff. This is only light pink/brownish. So.. I don't know. I'm about ready to just give up, this is too confusing. I won't actually give up.. I just don't know how to make heads or tails of any of this. I do have some minor cramping too. I wish it was implantation but I don't know.. I've been convinced in the past that I was pg but turned out the complete opposite.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User

Hi Thaele,

Just had a thought, maybe seeings as you are going through a hard time right now, O is delayed and perhaps this kinda bleed now isn't af, it could be O.
Reason I say this is a few years ago I went through a difficult time and it knocked my cycle completely off. I was getting spotting for a few days in the CD20's and then going on to have 35 day cycles. I went to the doctor, she ran some blood tests and said I was o'ing, just irregularly. At the time I wasn't ttc, so it was just more bothersome than anything else.
So maybe you should keep busy girl, now might be the time xx

Old 10-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

hehe, I'd like to get busy but the spotting has turned more into a light flow. It's not really a flow either but it's not spotting. It's more annoying then anything lol. I've decided I will get myself checked out finally because this early AF thing has gone on longer then just this past cycle. Since I've been ttc every cycle has been less then 29 days safe one cycle. I had another cycle at 27 days which isn't too bad.. but every other was under 24 days.

I could understand if it was just this cycle that was messed up due to stress and all but 5 or 6 cycles like this I think is a bit much. My temp actually went up today too... where it should have gone down. I don't see how this could be O, I've never bled mid-cycle.

Either way, I'll go see the doc once I get my corrected healthcard back. Don't know how long that will be.

One thing I read today too that bothered me a little was that if a pregnancy fails early, then your period could come early too.. most women would just think of it as an early AF and not think more on it. I'm wondering, but would have no way of knowing really if this is what's happening to me. I think I'll just feel better if I go in to see the doc about it.

Would it be ok if I just went into a clinic? I don't have a family doc.. Really all I'd need are some tests done to see if the stuff is normal or not.

Closed Thread