It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #16
(female)

petunia74 HB User
Re: Embarrassing question

Good luck on the next fertile windo littlebo!

As for your initial question, that's always been normal for me, too. We've been ttc for around 7 months now and this month we bd'd in the evening for 5 nights and I just remained in bed, fell asleep, and usually got up to pee many hours later. We'll see if it worked!???

Glad your procedure wasn't too bad. I really hope it opens things up for you and this will be your month!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #17
(female)

littlebo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaele View Post
I'm curious.. what is an HSG?

Sorry that you're having so much difficulty littlebo! And I don't know why I haven't read this thread yet? But blame it on being overworked! We've been trying now for about 7 months I think.. and I can only imagine how it feels when you've been trying 16 months. It's not easy at all, though I'm glad that you're getting help!! I'm about to go to my docs today about all this and am a slight bit worried!

I wondered the same about your initial question, but have come to find it being normal. I don't get all that much that comes out unless I move around too much. As soon as we're done I toss a pillow under my bum and watch tv ... oh ya, sex and boob tube! No ice cream for me
Hey, thaele! I try to look at the boards everyday to read other posts for all the information I can find to help us in our efforts to conceive. But, it is hard to find that time some days! It's good you are visiting you doctor to let him know what efforts you've been making so he can help advise you. I had to go to a new OB/GYN this past year, but I went with my previous records and my charts where I've kept up with my cycles (which are irregular). He saw from my history question of whether I was really ovulating. So, first thing we did was try Clomid followed by Progesterone lab test on Day 21 to ensure I was ovulating. DH had a SA next which was excellent. All this time, we are not getting pg.

So, my OB/GYN recommended next less invasive step which was the HSG or hysterosalpingogram). It's a radiology test that involved radiologist inserting speculum (just like on a pap smear) through which she inserted a tiny catheter tube into my uterus. There was a balloon at the end she inflated with water to make it stay in place. Once that was done, she pushed a dye that flushed thru my uterus and fallopian tubes....and took xrays. Purpose is to look for abnormalities in uterus (polyps, adhesions) or blocked tube. With this "flushing" the dye sometimes clears debris from the tubes that although weren't blocking them completely could be hindering egg and sperm meeting up. I'm hoping that'll be the case with me!
I read in one article online that fertility has shown to increase by ~ 20-30% for the 3 months following an HSG.

This may have been more than you wanted to know.....but, I thought I'd share my experience with you.

Good luck to you!!! Keep posting your progress!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
(female)

littlebo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petunia74 View Post
Good luck on the next fertile windo littlebo!

As for your initial question, that's always been normal for me, too. We've been ttc for around 7 months now and this month we bd'd in the evening for 5 nights and I just remained in bed, fell asleep, and usually got up to pee many hours later. We'll see if it worked!???

Glad your procedure wasn't too bad. I really hope it opens things up for you and this will be your month!
Thank you, petunia74! I hope you get a BFP this month!! DH and I are going to try starting off with a pillow up under my hips when we have BMS this month.....to make me feel better that everything stays in place longer.

I didn't have any more problems Tuesday evening after my HSG. It was very uncomfortable, but thankfully my cramps didn't last long and the spotting was pretty much gone by the next morning.

I talked w/nurse @ doctor's office and he said if we don't have a BFP this month we can go ahead and get more aggressive next month. This means IUI. I talked w/DH about it a little bit just so we'd both be prepared and ready for that next step if it comes to that.

Again, best wishes for a BFP....keep us posted!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #19
(female)

petunia74 HB User

Thanks Littlebo, I did get a BFP!!! Am still amazed! I tested yesterday morning, then evening, and again this morning, and they all came back +++! WOW! It's crazy obsessing over getting the BFP cause once you get it, then all the other stuff starts to sink in...which is great, just never let myself think that far ahead. Best of luck to you!

BTW, the other thing I did differently this month, and I don't know if it had any affect at all, was I orderer FertiliTea and drank it 2X/day. Hmmm. We also BD'd a lot...

Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User

Hey Littlebo,

Glad your hsg is over you now and you survived it!! I hope you're BD'ing now plenty over the next two weeks. You're probably very fertile right now.

Best of luck xx

Old 11-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #21
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

Thanks Littlebo! That was very helpful info, and I like story time too, it gives a better idea of what someone is trying to explain! I had heard stuff about hsg but didn't know what it was actually called, or what they actually did. Thanks a lot! Good luck and hope you get the BFP soon!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #22
(female)

littlebo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petunia74 View Post
Thanks Littlebo, I did get a BFP!!! Am still amazed! I tested yesterday morning, then evening, and again this morning, and they all came back +++! WOW! It's crazy obsessing over getting the BFP cause once you get it, then all the other stuff starts to sink in...which is great, just never let myself think that far ahead. Best of luck to you!

BTW, the other thing I did differently this month, and I don't know if it had any affect at all, was I orderer FertiliTea and drank it 2X/day. Hmmm. We also BD'd a lot...
I am SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! That is awesome, congratulations!!! I'm going to look into that FertiliTea; thanks for the suggestion. DH & I are going out of town this weekend and planning on doing lots of BD'ing

You'll be moving to the PG board I imagine? But, hopefully I won't be too far behind you! We'll see. Best of luck!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
(female)

lalruchi HB User

I dont know if I am at the right place..can someone sgare experienceon HSG under local anaesthesia..that d be very helpful..

Old 11-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
(female)

littlebo HB User

Sorry, but I'm not aware of local anesthesia being used w/HSG. All I was instructed to do was take 400mg of something like Advil or Aleve ~1 hour prior to the procedure to help relieve any discomfort.
I can imagine someone requesting anesthesia though, because the thought did enter my mind during my HSG last Monday. I honestly thought for a few seconds I was going to have to tell them to stop, because I couldn't take it. My next thought was if I did that would the doctor want to repeat the test w/me "sedated".
It really didn't take them that long, but when you're in pain 1-2 minutes seems like 1-2 hours!!
If no one else on the boards knows of anesthesia w/HSG, certainly talk to your doctor. Especially if you're concerned about being able to tolerate the procedure maybe they can help you thru it somehow.
Good luck!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #25
(female)

lalruchi HB User

Thank u for the reply..actually I had tried once to get it done..but the specullum broke and it has left me scared to the core..

Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #26
(female)

petunia74 HB User

Thanks Littlebo! Yep, stil preggo as of today, so looks like I'll be moving to the pregnancy board. I hope you'll be joining me there very soon! Best of luck to you! You should start posting on the 2WW part 2 thread...

Old 11-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #27
(female)

kristi6190 HB User

littlebo...i have heard to try "doggie style"(sorry i don't know how else to say it!) i guess i should say "rear entry"....i have read alot that this helps because then the little swimmers are as close to your cervix as possible so they don't have to work as hard to get to the egg. so maybe try that and stay in that possition with a pillow propt under you. just lean forward as much as possible. lol sorry if this is a little uncomfortable! i'm just being kinda forward. hey whatever works right!? good luck and keep everyone posted! god bless.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #28
(female)

littlebo HB User

Thanks for the advice. I think we will do that also this go around. DH & I have been doing mostly missionary position. With this past week though, I did take previous advice and we started out with my hips raised up on a pillow. That was actually quite enjoyable (for me anyway). I still had some leakage though.
I've been wondering about starting a new thread for this, but figured I'd mention it here first. I ovulate later than CD 14. I was wondering if anyone else here ovulates late. When DH & I first started trying after our wedding last year, I ovulated anywhere from CD 15-20. Ever since we tried Clomid this past summer, it's been little more consistent ~ Day 18/19. Just wanted feedback from others who are having hard time TTC and ovulate late like I do.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Read the book Taking Charge Of Your fertility. You can either buy it or get it at your local library.
You arent Oing late like you. You are Oing the way you are suppose to O.
I have a 34 day cycle and I tend to O on day 19 of my cycle.
The so called norm of a 28 day cycle and the day 14 O is just an average. It would be better if women were just taught that it is normal to have cycles range between 26 and 36 days and that O will happen between 12 to 16 days before the start of your next cycle. It would save a lot of women a lot of stress.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 11-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #30
(female)

lalruchi HB User

Thank you..your explanation is encouraging!

Closed Thread