It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
(female)

pwise79 HB User
Abdominal Pain--Pregnant?

Hi ladies! I got pregnant three years ago through fertility treatment (and the support of my online TTC buddies!) and now we are trying again. I just took my ring out last month, and I couldn't believe it--I ovulated about a week and a half ago! Needless to say, we BD'd. Well, starting this past Friday I started having really bad sharp, gnawing cramping in my lower abdomen, groin and pelvic bone area, severe bloating, along with tender bb's, lower back pain/pressure, and some dizziness. I also have had urgency to pee with a little bit of burning when I urinate and Friday night I had a LOT of pain in my abdomen and pelvis during sex. So I went to the doctor on Saturday (urgent care) thinking I might have a UTI and my urinalysis came back normal (no UTI or bladder infection) and she did a pregnancy test (negative as well).

I had very similar symptoms the week before I got my BFP with my daughter, but they werent as painful as this and I didn't have any urinary symptoms. If I were pregnant, I would only be about 9dpo today, so I am wondering if the blood test was too early on 6dpo?

Has anyone had these symptoms and if so, were you pg or was it something else? Some of my friends have suggested possibly a kidney stone, but the pain comes and goes and sometimes it is just kind of annoying, and from what I know about kidney stones you are in a LOT of pain until you pass it. I actually feel better today, but still having some nagging sharp pain in what feels like my uterus.

The other possibility is that my body is adjusting to coming off the ring? Has anyone experienced this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Update: just started getting a tingly sensation on the outside of my vaginal area--feels very weird!

Last edited by pwise79; 10-20-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: updating

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
Re: Abdominal Pain--Pregnant?

i don't know much about the ring and its effects when coming off it. however, your symptoms could be related to pregnancy. the twitching and cramping in that whole region could be a symptom, however, i would think it would be a little too early along in your cycle to feel that. just hang out for a little while, and see if af is late or doesn't show at all.

best of luck ttc #2

Closed Thread