It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

keena1314 HB User
How long should you wait to take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding or a ligh

How long should you wait to take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding or a lighter period? Could you take the test during the implantation bleeding? It's been 4days now and I'm still spotting...Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User
Re: How long should you wait to take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding or a

Eventhough you're experiencing bleeding right now, if it is infact implantation bleeding.. it's probably too soon for a hpt to detect enough hcg. I would wait until you're at least 12 days past ovulation.. if you don't know exactly when this is, 2 days before your AF is due.. but even then, you may get false negatives. It really is best to test on the day AF would be due.

I too had erratic bleeding in the middle of my cycle which I thought could be implantation.. as did my doc.. but nope.. turned out to be a very light and very early AF as my thyroid was going haywire.

This could be implantation, but it could also just be AF.. Wait until your expected AF due date, then test. This is when you'll get a more reliable reading. If you can't wait, then test all you want.. just giving you a heads up it may not be able to read so soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
(female)

dani452 HB User
Unhappy Re: How long should you wait to take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding or a

i am wondering the same question.
me and my fiance have tried and tried for over a month.
i had implantation bleeding. i know that implantation bleeding was the only thing that it could have been. however, call me weird or whatever but sex messes up my periods and my periods are very very very irregular. My last one was near the end of January. My periods don't come and go on the same day, so I don't know when I would be about to start.
i have had some pregnancy symptoms. but all pregnancy tests have came out negative. I really don't know what to do and me and my fiance have one pregnancy test left (clearblue) and we want this one to be the one that comes up positive. however, since my period is messed up, I don't know when would be the best time to test.
This may help you if you have any answers for me: I have been over implantation bleeding for about 4 days now.
If you know anything that would help me, please let me know.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

dani452 HB User
Re: How long should you wait to take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding or a

i read online somewhere that the blood, even if there is a little amount, can mess up the test.
i also heard that you are supposed to wait til about 2 weeks, however, i am not sure.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani452 View Post
i am wondering the same question.
me and my fiance have tried and tried for over a month.
i had implantation bleeding. i know that implantation bleeding was the only thing that it could have been. however, call me weird or whatever but sex messes up my periods and my periods are very very very irregular. My last one was near the end of January. My periods don't come and go on the same day, so I don't know when I would be about to start.
i have had some pregnancy symptoms. but all pregnancy tests have came out negative. I really don't know what to do and me and my fiance have one pregnancy test left (clearblue) and we want this one to be the one that comes up positive. however, since my period is messed up, I don't know when would be the best time to test.
This may help you if you have any answers for me: I have been over implantation bleeding for about 4 days now.
If you know anything that would help me, please let me know.
I'm not a doctor or anything, but your periods wont necessarily come and go on the same day, a cycle in a healthy woman is about 28 days(with ovulation occuring on or around day 14)....but could be more or less, everyone's different. Day #1 is the first day of AF. When i was a young girl just starting to want to know when AF was going to rear her head, i thought if you got it on the 4th of the month, that it would come again on the 4th of the next month and so on....not the case, necessarily. Your best bet is to start charting your cycle first, and try and pin point ovulation,. There are a bunch of free ovulation calculators you can use online just by entering the first day of your last period, and the length of your cycle...or you can get an OPK, and test that way, since your cycles are irregular.

Closed Thread