It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User
one cycle with soy isoflavones

Well I took my last day of them tonight. The worst thing side effect wise was just being overly hot at night. blah. I hate being hot but being as its been in the negatives here it really wasn't such a bad thing. But no head aches, nothing out of the ordinary. So now I get to wait to see what happens at the beginning of next month. If this doesn't work, well, oh well I guess but that means that my fabulous doctor is going to put me on the clomid probably. Well depending on how my DH's sperm count turns out. wish me luck.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User
Re: one cycle with soy isoflavones

hiya lisek, ill keep my fingers crossed for you, hopefully they will work! I have been waiting for this post lol, just to see what you have said about them. if i dont get a bfp this month im going to give them a go next.
How is your LO? i think you had him before i had my daughter, so he will be just over a year now?(phoebe was 13th jan)
Lucii xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

HI Lucii
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your bfp and dont need em. My LO is doing great. He turned 1 the day after xmas. He's walking and being silly and crazy. I love it. I'll post more about the soy once I figure out if I O'd on time and all. Can you believe how big our LO's are getting?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

I'm so happy you're the guinea pig so to speak lol. Thanks!! Can't wait to find out how it all went. I've recommended this to someone else, although told her to do more reading before she dives head first Hopefully, this can be the answer for some women who don't want to take pharmaceuticals, or would rather try natural approaches before hand.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

just out of interest, what mg are you using? ive been reading loads tonight and from what i can gather, people take 150-160mg. the only tablets of it i can find in shops near me are 750mg(!!!)
Phoebe is doing great too. shes been walking for a few weeks, although will NOT wear shoes!she is so funny,when im trying to feed her or be serious she pulls a face where she closes her eyes and pulls a hugs cheesy grin showing her teeth! me and dh both laugh as its so funny!!
hoping i can give her a little brother or sister soon!
Lucii xx

Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

oh and while i remember i also read that if you take them on day 1-5 theres a greater chance of twins!!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

I am taking 160 mgs. So far no side effects that have lasted past the initial frame of time I was taking them. I should be hitting my fertile window soon. I'm so glad that the hot flashes are only when I'm taking them. Oh and my bbt seemed to be lower in the morning than it normally is. I dont know if that is normal or not or maybe I've just been sleeping with the covers off a lot more often. Who knows.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

Well the estrogen should cause lower BBT but you're saying you get hot flashes and you take it at night, so maybe it is just due to kicking off the blankets.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

right im well confused now! so the ones i was looking at say

Soya Isoflavones 400mg

Soya Isoflavone 400mg proving 10% Isoflavones, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate

so does this mean they are 400mg? or less? if so does that mean i could just cut one in half, then that in half then half again to get 150mg or does it not work like that!!?!
im confused lol
xx

Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Well the hot flashes pass and I've temp'd just for the heck of it during one and my temp goes up to 98 but then once its passed it goes back to anywhere between the mid 96's and the low 97's. I generally dont sleep with my blankets , lol. My DH is a total blanket hog. I know that the temp of the room does affect your bbt. So who knows? I am having a ton of ewcm today so thats promising I think.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Lucii
I got mine at walmart and 2 tablets were 80mg so I was taking four a night. It had the mg broken down into what was in it and the soy isoflavone in them was 40mg a pill. I dont know what to say about yours.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucii View Post
right im well confused now! so the ones i was looking at say

Soya Isoflavones 400mg

Soya Isoflavone 400mg proving 10% Isoflavones, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate

so does this mean they are 400mg? or less? if so does that mean i could just cut one in half, then that in half then half again to get 150mg or does it not work like that!!?!
im confused lol
xx
Actually after reading your post again , I believe that means that 10 percent of that per pill is the isoflavones which would mean that they were 40 mg. I think I'm doing my math right that 10 percent of 400 is 40 right? Its late and I am not in my right mind. I should be able to do simple math. lol.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

yeh it does sound promising, hopeing this is your month

and yeh thats what i was thinking that it was 40mg. but it sounds so confusing! walmart i think is asda here so ill have a look there later today and see what i can find.
lucii xx

Old 01-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hey lisek, just wondering where you were and when your planign on testing! im quite excited to see what happends lol, think im so interested as i plan on taking them next cycle, and have ordered them on sunday,after i finally found some online, natures best and there 100mg of pure soy isoflavones.
lucii xx

Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hey Lucii
I am in my 2WW. I am 5 dpo according to my temping and my OPK's . So I will be testing probably around February 6th. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Closed Thread