It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User
Negative pregnancy test, three days late for period and a lot of signs of pregnancy.

Hi,
My husband and I have been TTC since September, and I have been on prenatal vitamins for about a month and a half. Every month I think I have symptoms and so far every month we've been disappointed (by getting my period when I am suppose to). As of right now I am three days late for my period and I've had more signs now then any other month... food aversion (to something I ususally love), nauseated during the same time every day for the past week, higher then ususal temperature, sore back...I took a pregnancy test earlier today and it came up negative. I just noticed after going to the bathroom a clear, stretchy discharge... could this be an early indication of pregnancy? (Perhaps it was too early to test)??

Last edited by mandeegirl26; 02-08-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: incorrect topic

The Following User Says Thank You to mandeegirl26 For This Useful Post:
wirralbabe (07-18-2012)
Old 02-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

purplegirl1 HB Userpurplegirl1 HB Userpurplegirl1 HB Userpurplegirl1 HB User
Re: Negative pregnancy test, three days late for period and a lot of signs of pregnan

Are you usually always on the same time every month?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User
Re: Negative pregnancy test, three days late for period and a lot of signs of pregnan

It took a while to get regular again after going off of the pill, but for the past few months it had been.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
(female)

Cov465 HB User

My husband and I thought it would take us a while to get pregnant so when after a month of trying I took a pregnancy test it came back negative we were disappointed but not suprised. 3 days later (because I am extremely impatient and really really really wanted to be pregnant) I took another test w/o my husband knowing expecting that it too would come back negative. After seeing "PREGNANT" in the digital window screen and jumping up and down in my bathroom w/ excitement we took 5 more tests that night that also confirmed positive. I am 39.5 wks pregnant now and anxiously anticipating baby Corrine in the next week or two! It is very possible that you are pregnant and just took the test too soon!!! Try again in a few days, or schedule an apt w/ your doctor to make double sure! Best of luck to you and your husband! I know it's hard when you want something so bad My sister tried for 2 years before getting pregnant with her first!!! Let us know what happens - I'll be keeping fingers crossed that all your symptoms are a positive!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User

Thank-you Cov465! I will take another test in a couple of days. It is easy to get discouraged but I also know that stressing about it is probably one of the worst things to do (but knowing that and doing it are two different things!) Congratulations to you and your husband, all of the best! Corrine is a beautiful name. I will keep you posted! :)

Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
(female)

Wolf979 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeegirl26 View Post
Hi,
My husband and I have been TTC since September, and I have been on prenatal vitamins for about a month and a half. Every month I think I have symptoms and so far every month we've been disappointed (by getting my period when I am suppose to). As of right now I am three days late for my period and I've had more signs now then any other month... food aversion (to something I ususally love), nauseated during the same time every day for the past week, higher then ususal temperature, sore back...I took a pregnancy test earlier today and it came up negative. I just noticed after going to the bathroom a clear, stretchy discharge... could this be an early indication of pregnancy? (Perhaps it was too early to test)??
Hi Mandeegirl26,
I am in the same boat! Three days late as well, negative test and same thing with the discharge. I keep wondering if that's a sign as well. I have noticed it for about a week now and I don't get that typically before my period. I am trying to be patient and just wait, but it's just the hardest thing to do; that's all that's on your mind! Good luck, I hope you get a BFP too!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User
Smile Re: Negative pregnancy test, three days late for period and a lot of signs of pregnan

Hi Wolf979,
Exactly! As of today I am 6 days late. I haven't taken another test yet (I am kind of afraid to...) but I plan on taking another one on Saturday (fingers crossed).
It's always nice to know you're not alone! I was reading some posts by other people and apparantly that type of discharge can occur in the early stages of pregnancy (but it also could mean other things... )
Good luck to you! Keep me posted!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
(female)

Karen128 HB User

Things are looking good with your symptoms Yes that stringy discharge is what you have if you're pregnant (as well as other times of the month). But it is a very good sign.

The pregnancy hormone varies a lot, so it may just not have been concentrated enough when you took the test. You can always get a blood test from your Dr to confirm the hormone and level.

If by chance you get a negative one in a few days, it still may be possible you had a chemical pregnancy. Where you had enough pregnancy hormone to tell your body not to have a period, but something went wrong and it didn't happen. This happened to me a while ago. My first test was so faint it was barely visible and then my period came 5 days later.

I hope that's not the case!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
(female)

Wolf979 HB User

Quote:
Hi Wolf979,
Exactly! As of today I am 6 days late. I haven't taken another test yet (I am kind of afraid to...) but I plan on taking another one on Saturday (fingers crossed).
It's always nice to know you're not alone! I was reading some posts by other people and apparantly that type of discharge can occur in the early stages of pregnancy (but it also could mean other things... )
Good luck to you! Keep me posted!
Hi there!
I know, I am really trying to be hopefull that it's a good sign! I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office yesterday and she said it sounds promising. She said it's not abormal at all to not see a BFP till a week after your period was supposed to start. She told me to test again this weekend and she'll send me a slip for blood work if I haven't started my period by then. So we'll see. Hoping! I have been so gassy the past few days too, I am dying omg! hehehe I am keeping my fingers crossed for your test on Saturday!!!! I really hope you get your positive! Keep me posted as well!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen128 View Post
Things are looking good with your symptoms Yes that stringy discharge is what you have if you're pregnant (as well as other times of the month). But it is a very good sign.

The pregnancy hormone varies a lot, so it may just not have been concentrated enough when you took the test. You can always get a blood test from your Dr to confirm the hormone and level.

If by chance you get a negative one in a few days, it still may be possible you had a chemical pregnancy. Where you had enough pregnancy hormone to tell your body not to have a period, but something went wrong and it didn't happen. This happened to me a while ago. My first test was so faint it was barely visible and then my period came 5 days later.

I hope that's not the case!
Hello. Thank-you! I am glad to hear that is is still possible. Saturday can't come soon enough in some ways, but I am afraid I will only be disappointed again. If I am pregnant I hope that the test shows it, and if I'm not I just want to get my period so that I can know I'm not and try again on my next cycle... Oh, well. It will happen! Thank-you again!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf979 View Post
Hi there!
I know, I am really trying to be hopefull that it's a good sign! I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office yesterday and she said it sounds promising. She said it's not abormal at all to not see a BFP till a week after your period was supposed to start. She told me to test again this weekend and she'll send me a slip for blood work if I haven't started my period by then. So we'll see. Hoping! I have been so gassy the past few days too, I am dying omg! hehehe I am keeping my fingers crossed for your test on Saturday!!!! I really hope you get your positive! Keep me posted as well!
That's great! Let's hope it's an exciting weekend for both of us! I will let you know... It's crazy: this is all I can think about! If I am still showing negative on Saturday I might book an appointment to get a blood test. The only time I've ever missed my period was way back when I went off the pill and my cycle was trying to get back on track... Fingers crossed for you too!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Ladies, did anyone get a bfp?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User

So here I am... nine days late, and it was a big fat negative. Now what? Any ideas?

Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #14
(female)

Wolf979 HB User

Quote:
So here I am... nine days late, and it was a big fat negative. Now what? Any ideas?
Hey there, I am 6 days late, still BFNs too. I got the slip from my dr. to go for the blood test I am going to go tomorrow and see. I know, this is so frustrating. I feel like either please let me see a BFP or I wish AF would just start so I can track my next cycle. I would call my dr if I were you, see if they can give you a blood test? Positive thoughts your way!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #15
(female)

mandeegirl26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf979 View Post
Hey there, I am 6 days late, still BFNs too. I got the slip from my dr. to go for the blood test I am going to go tomorrow and see. I know, this is so frustrating. I feel like either please let me see a BFP or I wish AF would just start so I can track my next cycle. I would call my dr if I were you, see if they can give you a blood test? Positive thoughts your way!!!
I am sorry to hear that. It's day 10 for me today. I completely agree, show me a BFP or let me start the next cycle, none of this no idea what's going on stuff. Good luck on the blood test, keep me posted. I might wait another week and then talk to a doctor. I am thinking baby thoughts for you!

Closed Thread