It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

dani452 HB User
TTC, mother and grandmother had past problems. could they be genetic...?

me and my fiance are trying so hard to conceive and it is just not happening for us. we have been trying for about 2 months, maybe even more. me and him are getting so fed up with negative results. i have cramping for no reason, and i thought i had implantation bleeding a couple weeks ago, but i am not sure if it was a light period. plus it lasted for about 5 days, and a lot of implantation bleeding last up to 2 days. i have read that it could happen longer, but i am not sure. anyways i have a couple of the symptoms, my boobs will hurt for no reason at all, they are pretty sensative to the touch, and like i said before i get random cramping for no reason at all.
now onto my real problem.....yesterday when i was talking to my father, I learned that my father's mom's womb was upside down and she had to get surgery before she could have kids. then i figured out that my mother had scar tissue on her fallopian tubes, and my parents said that that was why they thought she had a previous miscarriages. she also had to have surgery to get it fixed.
so me and my fiance are getting married in a couple weeks and we have been trying to get pregnant for a while. probably a couple of months now. I'm scared that these things might be genetic....could i be right......?

Last edited by dani452; 04-24-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
(female)

dani452 HB User
Re: TTC, mother and grandmother had past problems. could they be genetic...?

is there anyone that can help me....?
everyone views but has no answers. I have looked everywhere and i don't know what to do.
i have posted on medical sites, doctor sites, ask the doctors, i have googled it, i have asked it and still i cannot find anything. please, if you know anything about genetic problems with other family members, and problems trying to conceive, please please please please let me know.
to learn more read my first post....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

First you need to relax a bit and stop stressing over ttc so soon. I know that isnt advice you want but you are jumping the gun on thinking you might have issues this soon after starting trying. You should know that most healthy couples with no known issues take up to a year to get pregnant. That's right it can take up to a year to get pregnant. In some cases they are now saying two years can be the norm. Now consider this with perfect timing of sex for the most fertile time a couple only has a 20% chance of getting pregnant.
I suggest you read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Great book for any woman to read even those who arent trying to get pregnant.
As for random cramps that can happen. It could be anything such as gas to an egg being released to a simple random cramp.
As for infertility or ttcing issues being genetic yes it can but dont jump on that just yet this soon. You just started ttc not that long ago. Best advice you are going ot get right now is to just relax and enjoy being with your partner. I know it isnt what you want to hear but even if you were to go to a dr they are going to tell you to give it more time.
If I remember from other posts you are very young and so light periods with varying lengths are very common. That is true even if your period was normal fo ra while.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 04-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I know it is frustrating but trying for 2 months is not long enough......It takes 12 months of timed trying to concieve if you are under 36 years old

Do you know when you ovulate? If you go to a Doctor about this they will ask for a chart of at least 3 months showing when you had sex and your menstrual cycle......they want to see if you are having sex during your ovulation time...... So start a chart or calender and mark your cycles and when you have sex.....

There are some issues that can be genetic but scarring on the tubes and habitual misscarriage is not hereditary......

Good luck.........Oleander

Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
(female)

dani452 HB User

thank you for the advice. we have been trying not to stress about it, but it is so hard. i thank you for the advice.
i have told myself 1000 times that i should just calm down and quit worrying about it because it will happen when it is meant to happen. however, that is so hard.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

dani452 HB User

thanks so much. i will start a chart...

Closed Thread