It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

kel4d HB User
2 ALL the ladies ttc!!!

hi there ladies i have been ttc #3 for 22 months and i have had all the pregnancy symptoms under the sun only for AF to show her face i some times find it hard 2 deal with the let down so if any ladies have any advice as 2 how 2 deal with the disappointment or simply want 2 share your story's good or bad then please post here as i think they make for great reading and give all the other ladies ttc insparation and strength 2 deal with this sometimes hard time in our life thank you's all in advance look forward 2 reading. oh and good luck with your baby making dreams lots of love kel x x x

Old 09-11-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
(female)

kel4d HB User
Re: 2 ALL the ladies ttc!!!

come on ladies u's must have some story's 2 share with us??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

ok, here's our story

We ttc for 2 1/2 years before we suceeded. I have pcos so have never cycled right. I tracked my temp pretty much that whole time too. Became second nature to reach for the thermometer as soon as I woke up. We even started paperwork for adoption but it just didn't seem like the right time. Finally, we decided to give meds a try for a few months. I was on metphormin for several months and clomid for two at 100mg. The third month, my dr upped my clomid to 150mg. That, along with our whole church finding out we had been trying for so long and praying for us was the key. Three weeks after they found out, I was preggers!!!! Could NOT believe I was actually seeing a very very faint line after all the test I'd done.

After looking at the test I dont' know how many times I called my drs office and went there, took another urine test (another faint line) had them do a blood test to assure me this was really real. Then, I went home and put a little Ohio State onsie (my dh is a fan of course) a pacifier and the test in a gift bag. Called my dh's boss and told him I had a surprise planned for dh and if it would be ok for him to take the afternoon off. He was a little confused but said ok. I picked up Dh for lunch and took him to a park. Told him to check out the gift in the bag (we'd had a friend have a baby so he thought it was a gift for them) Finally, he looked and realized it was for him We hugged, cried, laughed and used his afternoon off to tell our closest friends our wonderful news!! Was a great day! I'm realizing as I'm typing this I need to write it in my journal for our son to read someday. I honestly never let myself think I'd ever get pregnant. Was so hard to have faith.

It was very hard those years of ttc. DO NOT give up!! My Dh got a sa done and the first one said there was zero sperm. After panicking and crying a lot (me anyways) got another one done, this one said low motility, low count, high viscosity etc. Well, that along with my pcos was pretty darn hard to take. I went though bouts of near depression at times, never too severe as my dh is very good at getting me to talk out my emotions and never fussed or got mad at me the many times I needed to just cry. Finally, over two years into ttc, I got to the point where my prayer to God was, "I know you have a child for me or you would never have put the desire to be a mama in my heart. Each day I'm not pregnant is one day closer to the day I will have a child. Please help me accept your will for me and if I'm not meant to get pregnant, I know you have a baby out there who needs a mama." Wasn't long after I started praying that we had our baby on the way. Was like God was waiting for us to totally give our pain to him so he could then in turn say "Here you go"!

We now have a beautiful 18mo old son. Can't wait to have another! I LOVE being a mama. Well, that's my story, I hope it inspires and encourages those who read it.

Vi

Old 09-15-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
(female)

kel4d HB User

hi there magster i have just read ur story and can i say it brought tears 2 my eyes it was so inspiring and i am so happy for u that u finally got ur wish and have ur baby boy. u are such a strong lady 2 have been trying for over 2 years and keep strong. i have 2 kids already from a prievios relationship but as my current partner doesnt have kids u can understand thst he would want some plus i want 2 have some more aswell at least 2 so ur story has giving me strenth 2 carry on hoping that 1 day (hopefully very soon) it will happen 2 me. well now that u have ur son i am sure ur wish will get granted and u will have another addition 2 ur family keep me updated as 2 how ur story is going i have addeed u as a friend if u will accept me that would be good hope 2 speak 2 u soon x x

Closed Thread