It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
(female)

Marronn05 HB User
Ovulation Predictor Kit

Hi there

I did an ovulation predictor test this afternoon around 3 PM. I made sure that I didn't drink anything for a couple of hours and hadn't gone to the toilet since 11am. I also ensured that no urine splashed onto the test window. I then placed the kit on the bathroom floor (tiled floor) I waited there for about a minute then I left for another two minutes before returning. When I retured however, the kit had managed to go on its side (it must had been in a groov on the tile). The test was positive. My question is whether the kit being on its side may have caused a false positive!! Any advice much appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

Blondie527 HB User
Re: Ovulation Predictor Kit

I would think that it shouldn't mess it up, but since these tests can be positive for around 24 hours or so, why don't you do another one just in case??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User

Did you have any other ovulation symptoms, like egg white cervical mucus?

If so, then chances are the test was not wrong. And i never heard of the test being THAT sensitive that one little jolt can alter the outcome!

I think you need to baby dance NOW! hahahaha and good luck to you.

I also got a positive this month, so now i have to wait for 2 weeks before i know whether i am pregnant or not. Its horrible!

Elle

Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 AM   #4
(female)

Marronn05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellekay View Post
Did you have any other ovulation symptoms, like egg white cervical mucus?

If so, then chances are the test was not wrong. And i never heard of the test being THAT sensitive that one little jolt can alter the outcome!

I think you need to baby dance NOW! hahahaha and good luck to you.

I also got a positive this month, so now i have to wait for 2 weeks before i know whether i am pregnant or not. Its horrible!

Elle

Yes had the EWCM but a 2-3 days prior to getting the positive test. My BBT has been consistantly 98.2 since compared to just under 98 the previous week. On Monday morning (1 week after ovulation) there was a sharp drop and it was 97.8. Then Tuesday it was back to 98.2 and today it was 98.4. We have been doing the BD since finishing my last Clomid tablet on September 26th. So like your self I'm just playing the waiting game..

Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User

Then you have ovulated.

Remember to have sex BEFORE your BBT rises, otherwise its too late. As long as you baby danced when your saw the LH surge, then you should be safe!

I'm due for my AF in 5 days, and all this waiting around is really bringing the end of me. I try to relax but its always in the back on my mind somewhere and i just cant.

When are you due for AF?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

Marronn05 HB User

I came off BCP in December, had my withdrawal bleed as usual at the beginning of January, then no period since then! I went to my Doctor last month and he prescribed Clomid to help us to conceive as I obiously wasn't ovulating due to the lack of a period in nine months.. I could have had a baby in that time! He made sure I wasn't pregnant then just said to pick a day and start the five Clomid tablets. That was September 22nd - 26th. I was so pleased to see an ovulation using the OPK as it has been so long! Then got worried it was a false positive! Have been doing the BD every other day since I finished the five tablets and every day for four days around the positive LH surge! So to be honest I don't know what to expect over the next few days as I am not regular. I read that if you do not conceive you should expect AF three weeks after the last Clomid tablet (which would be this Saturday October 17th) or two weeks after ovulation (which would be Monday October 19th). The doctor said to start the next round of Clomid on day 29 which would be Tuesday so I guess I have to do a HPT on Tuesday morning if AF doesn't arrive. Only thing I am worried about is getting a false negative then starting Clomid! The doc seems very laid back about it all! It's great talking to someone in a similar position, everyone else around me seems to be pregnant! It's very hard not to constantly think about it and I worry that my worrying might prevent a BFP!!!

Last edited by Marronn05; 10-15-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

Not to question your dr but I've never heard of just picking a day to start clomid. It's always days 5-9 or days 3-7 of your cycle. Day one being the first day of your period. Also, to induce your cycle, typically you're given 10 days of provera to induce a period so you can start counting then. If the clomid doesn't induce ovulation/ period you then do another 10 days of provera etc. etc. I hope that made sense!

Now, when I took clomid cd 5-9 I didn't ovulate until day 21 or 22 of my cycle. So, that would have made my period starting day 35-36 of that cycle. Thankfully, that was the month I got pregnant.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Vi

Old 10-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User

Well congrats, cause you are not officially in the 2ww ( 2 week wait ) and if your anything like me, your about to lose your brain!

Dont worry so much about Clomid. Keep taking it, but go and see another doctor before you begin your next round ( hopefully you wont have to cause you'll be pregnant ) but thats what i would do if i were you.

Sometimes we have to be our own doctors, and yes indeed you may get a false negative like the majority of women out there. I'd do a blood test too to cover all my basis.
Worrying and stress wont give you a false negative. Not enough hormones or a faulty test will do that to you. Stress can however, delay your period, and therefore delay ovulation as well. I'm the expert at that. I ovulate quite late which i hear is not great, but what can i do? Damn it its out of my hands.

As for me, i am 9dpo and i did the stupid thing of taking an EPT today. Of course it was a BFN and i was so disheartened i cried, however its too early to test, and deep down i knew that, but i couldnt help myself.

How many days past ovulation are you now?

And dont worry that you got a false positive on the OPK. Highly unlikely on Clomid.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #9
(female)

Marronn05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magster04 View Post
Not to question your dr but I've never heard of just picking a day to start clomid. It's always days 5-9 or days 3-7 of your cycle. Day one being the first day of your period. Also, to induce your cycle, typically you're given 10 days of provera to induce a period so you can start counting then. If the clomid doesn't induce ovulation/ period you then do another 10 days of provera etc. etc. I hope that made sense!

Now, when I took clomid cd 5-9 I didn't ovulate until day 21 or 22 of my cycle. So, that would have made my period starting day 35-36 of that cycle. Thankfully, that was the month I got pregnant.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Vi
Hi magster04

Technically it is not necessary to induce a period using provera. The reason for doing so is to make 100% sure that you are not actually pregnant. The doctor made sure I wasn't pregnant and knew that I hadn't been ovulating over the previous nine months due to post pill amenorrhea. I read a lot of unpleasant side effects re Provera so I was delighted when my doctor didn't suggest it. He is actually a gynecologist just filling in for my usual GP so I had the benefit of his expertise for free!! I ovulated 8 days after taking my last Clomid tablet (+OPK test and then subsequent rise in temperature in the days following). Here's hoping I get a BFP next week! Keep your fingers crossed! Xx

Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #10
(female)

Marronn05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellekay View Post
Well congrats, cause you are not officially in the 2ww ( 2 week wait ) and if your anything like me, your about to lose your brain!

Dont worry so much about Clomid. Keep taking it, but go and see another doctor before you begin your next round ( hopefully you wont have to cause you'll be pregnant ) but thats what i would do if i were you.

Sometimes we have to be our own doctors, and yes indeed you may get a false negative like the majority of women out there. I'd do a blood test too to cover all my basis.
Worrying and stress wont give you a false negative. Not enough hormones or a faulty test will do that to you. Stress can however, delay your period, and therefore delay ovulation as well. I'm the expert at that. I ovulate quite late which i hear is not great, but what can i do? Damn it its out of my hands.

As for me, i am 9dpo and i did the stupid thing of taking an EPT today. Of course it was a BFN and i was so disheartened i cried, however its too early to test, and deep down i knew that, but i couldnt help myself.

How many days past ovulation are you now?

And dont worry that you got a false positive on the OPK. Highly unlikely on Clomid.
Hi ellekay

I am 11 DPO! I was just so thrilled that I did actually ovulated as it hadn't happened for so long and I was worried the pill had done some serious damage! If I knew then what I know now, there's no way I'd ever have gone on it! I meant that I'm afraid my worrying may prevent me from getting pregnant not affect the test! But really it's very difficult not be worrying about it when it's something you want so much. My husband is quite relaxed and is satisfied that it will happen. Oh to be a man! I reckon if I get a negative HPT on Tuesday I will go into my doctor that afternoon for a blood test. Do you think you would intrinsically know if you were pregnant? The only thing I have is that I have been having heart burn for the last week or so which I have never had before, I don't know if that could just be a side effect of Clomid! How long are you TTC?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

Well, you learn something new everyday then! I forgot to tell you, but my temps did about the same as yours have done. I couldnt' take it anymore after 9 days and tested for a very very faint positive! Now, since I knew I ovulated late, when I went to my dr's office to confirm with a blood test, my levels were very low so they said to be cautious but I wasn't worried, I knew I was preggers. Also, I noticed a lot of blue lines in my breasts. Not normal for me. Well, they're still there since I'm still nursing. I think it was Amy333 that posted about the lines being something she noticed when she got her positive so I was kind of looking for it. Otherwise, I had no symptoms except for a couple of really bad hot flashes but I attirbuted them to the aftereffects of the clomid until I realized I was pregnant. Ok, I think that's all, I hope you are and don't have to start another round of meds!

Vi

Old 10-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User

Well this is the only month that i actually tested with an OPK and that i got the dates right. But technically we have been having unprotected sex for 4 months.

Its really hard to relax when you have kicked into baby mode. No matter what anyone tells you. I am a woman on a mission these days. Its all i can think about to be honest! If its going to prevent us from getting pregnant, then there human civilization would come to an end.

I am 10dpo and i swear i feel pregnant but who knows! I get AF in 3 days so i will know then i guess. Also its too early to test, i did this morning and got a BFN! i am starting to really hate peeing on a stick.

My temp dropped yesterday slightly, which could mean implantation has taken place, and today its higher than its ever been, but again, i cant keep guessing. My tummy has been in cramps though since 3dpo.

Okay when are you due for AF?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #13
(female)

Marronn05 HB User

Hi Magster04

Thanks so much for your well wishes, much appreciated! I'm 14 dpo today so all things being equal I should get a period today. However, with my lack thereof over the last year almost I wouldn't be sure it would come today even if I wasn't pregnant!! I haven't any blue lines Had a couple of hot flased a week or so ago and a bit of heart burn last week but I guess nearly everything can be put down to Clomid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magster04 View Post
Well, you learn something new everyday then! I forgot to tell you, but my temps did about the same as yours have done. I couldnt' take it anymore after 9 days and tested for a very very faint positive! Now, since I knew I ovulated late, when I went to my dr's office to confirm with a blood test, my levels were very low so they said to be cautious but I wasn't worried, I knew I was preggers. Also, I noticed a lot of blue lines in my breasts. Not normal for me. Well, they're still there since I'm still nursing. I think it was Amy333 that posted about the lines being something she noticed when she got her positive so I was kind of looking for it. Otherwise, I had no symptoms except for a couple of really bad hot flashes but I attirbuted them to the aftereffects of the clomid until I realized I was pregnant. Ok, I think that's all, I hope you are and don't have to start another round of meds!

Vi

Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
(female)

Marronn05 HB User
Talking Re: Ovulation Predictor Kit

Hi ellekay

I swore to myself I wouldn't get into all the OPK and BBT etc but as I'm on Clomid I need to be able to report to my GP whether or not I ovulated so he knows if these meds work or if another one might be necessary. It's a very time consuming process and like yourself it's all I can think about! I am saying lots of prayers, especially to St Gerard (who is the patron saint of expectant mothers) and also to St Jude (for hopeless cases!) I went to St Gerard's Novena last week which was nine days of mass every day, so I'm prayed out!!

My cousin and his girlfriend announced a couple of wks ago that they're expecting, and although I'm happy for them I can't help wish it was myself and my husband! I'm 14 dpo today so I should get a period really, but I'm not regular so I'm not expecting it either way to be honest. I think I'll do a HPT tomorrow morning.

I think I could be pregnant due to the +OPK, temperature rise, getting the timing of the BD right etc. Only thing is I thought I would really feel something you know? Which I don't! Are you in the states? I'm in Ireland so I'm on GMT! Just in case you're wondering why my replies are at odd hours!!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User

Hey Marron,

I'm in Australia!!! Far far away from the rest of the world! hahaha

I'm now 11dpo and im getting really bad AF cramps. Ive pretty much convinced myself that AF is gonna rear her ugly head this month. I had hope at one stage, but now i dont. Like you i got an LH surge. BD accordingly on the right dates ( first time i do it right ) and hoped for the best.
AF is due either tomo or the day after. I'm not regular too cause i ovulate at different times of the month.

Just because your not feeling anything, it doesnt mean your not pregnant! In fact, one BIG symptom is NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL! not until a week or more after you missed you AF. So dont be losing hope just yet.

I'm just really excited for us, because we actually got a positive OPK this month, which should give us some hope for next month. I'm gonna keep using them. They sort of reassure me that things are okay

Have you tested yet? Its probably still early and you may get a negative, so if you do, dont be disheartened.

I know that all the pregnancy symptoms sometimes mimic PMS, i'm getting them all, but i get this every month, so i cant tell the difference. The only thing that was out of the ordinary this month for me was, i was getting really strange pinches/twinges/cramps ( Unlike AF ) in my tummy for about 8dpo. It was werid. Now they are gone and replaced with AF cramps and breast pain! I feel terrible

Keep in touch!

Last edited by moderator2; 10-19-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Closed Thread