It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
7 days late, negative test

Today I am officially one week late for my period. My last period starting Nov 17th and was completely normal. I expected this one to start Dec 15th, as I have a perfect 27-28 day cycle.

I have taken SOOO many pregnancy tests and all are negative. What is going on with my body? Is it possible that I ovulated extremely late or something? I've never NOT had a period.

I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. I just feel slightly tired and bloated. It just feels like major PMS - like I'm irritated over the stupidest things .

Any help???

Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User
Re: 7 days late, negative test

Hey I'm not ttc but found this thread while trying to figure out why mine is a week late (at least!) also. I also had my last one on Nov. 17 and just figured out at the end of last week, oh wait shouldn't it be time to start? I don't have any PMS just some on and off mild cramps.this is unusual because I am normally the queen of PMS. Sometimes I think its about to start then doesn't. I have not taken any tests because I have my tubes tied so it is unlikely for me. However, I have heard it is possible and tubes tied is not 100% effective so if I don't get mine soon I will test too.

As for you, it is possible you are testing too early. When I got pregnant with my son in Dec 2005, we had just started trying (after loosing our first baby at birth) so we had waited a year. I never expected to get pregnant right away because the first one had taken us years. We were going to have some drinks on new years so I took a test first just to make sure. It was negative. I partied and had fun. I kept feeling like it was coming so just figured it was late. By exactly another week later, I was getting suspicious that it wasn't coming so did another test. This time it was positive. I was shocked. Then I found out that sometimes you can test too early and the hormone is too weak to measure.

With both pregnancies I did not test positive until I was 42 days in my cycle. Hope this helps and good luck. Also with both pregnancies I had what I thought were PMS symptoms and cramps but turns out they were pregnancy symptoms.

Also, do you do temp charts? I learned to do them and believe it helped me get pregnant because I got the timing right. Also, you can tell by the chart if you are pregnant if your temp remains high for 14 days after ovulation. In both cases, my temp was still very high long after 14 days so even before the test, I had a feeling.

Last edited by Hope2Heal; 12-23-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you so much for your reply. What a wealth of information!

Before I get started - I must offer my deepest sympathies in regards to your first baby.

My dh and I are not necessarily trying to conceive. However, if it happens, we would both love it. It's funny that you were so late getting a BFP with your second baby. I was 10 days late with my dd until I took a test (I just plain forgot about my period!) So, I really don't know how long it would have taken my body to produce enough of the HCG hormone. I guess I'll wait until next Tuesday, the 29th to retest....uggg...I hate waiting. I just want an answer!

As far as you, you may want to take a test. My aunt got pregnant with her tubes tied...keep my posted!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

OMG! pregnant with tubes tied! Did she carry full term?

I think I am starting to spot a little but it is so slight it is barely noticable. I just don't get this. I have been doing things to try to move it along but to no avail! What could cause a period to come so late in a regularly normal cycle? (besides the obvious)

Everyone told me when I got the procedure I would have messed up cycles. However, I already did and to tell you the truth they became much more reliable afterward. I really don't remember the last time I got it so late. I think it was long before my pregnancies.

AS for you, yes waiting is hard. I hate it because you are always thinking about it. Everything you do and eat is like, well, I need to know because what if what if? Hang in there though and hope you find something out soon.

Thanks for the condolences. It was a terrible time but our second son brought us much healing.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, I received a great Christmas present this morning...I got my period!!!

I started spotting late Wednesday and into Thursday very lightly and then boom! This morning it was here. Thank goodness! I see the way my crazy 2 1/2 year old acts and just makes me think - "Oh, NOT right now! We CANNOT do another baby!"

Yes, my aunt did carry full term with her son and he turned out to be a scholar at Mount Saint Mary's in Maryland.

Hate to scare you!

Gotta go - Christmas time!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

UGH! got mine on Christmas morning as well Day 39 of my cycle! For me it made my day less Merry because I have such painful periods. So I ended up spending half the day on the couch napping. Blah Humbug! I am mad at my body as it should have been done and over with the week before. I am so tired of my quality of life being affected by my horrific periods.

I would go on the pill except I have DVT (blood clot in leg) and am not supposed to take anything with hormones. My periods were better when I was on the pill years ago but now I am at risk for developing clots. That's why I got my tubes tied (or one of the reasons anyway!)

As for you aunt. . . wow! That is an amazing story.

Glad you got yours and I hear ya about barely keeping up with one wild child! When mine woke up at 3 AM the other night readyto get up for the day I said to myself . . . so glad I am not having any more babies!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi there ~ That's so weird that we both now have the exact same cycle and our periods were incredibly late. I also experienced some pretty heavy bleeding and cramping. This period was like nothing I've had before - sorry if it's TMI, but on the first day is was so heavy, I passed huge clots of black pieces. The first thought one would have thought was "miscarriage," but I tested negative on all tests. I guess I should have expected that though because it was SO late. I'm now on day three and it's still somewhat heavy. Usually by now it's almost done.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if I should expect another late period this month or if it will come one time like it always has in the past. I have my annual in late January and I don't want my period then.

I also used to be on the pill but the hormones made me crazy. I may just give it a go again though - I really don't like the extra stress of "guessing" ovulation. Can you use the Nuva ring? or even an IUD? I think the Mirena has very little hormones, right? Maybe I'm confused though...

Thanks for the reply. Take Care! Laura

Closed Thread