It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

succeeded HB User
TTC and success with OPK

I just wanted everyone who posts threads how encouraging they have been for me over the past few years. I have two Daughters. 8 and 6. They were text book pregnancies and deliveries. and only took one cycle to concieve. My dh and I suffered a Miscarriage after 6 months of trying at 12 weeks. Was told everything with my system was perfect and to try again. That was in June 2008. Here i sit February 10th 2010 and finally got my BFP yesterday. My daughters 8th birthday is tomorrow and my husbands was the 6th so they both got a huge birthday surprise. (: I charted my ovulation every month but did not try the opk's. I spent so much money on pregnancy tests just to read negative. As many of you know how much that is heart breaking. You definitely start to question yourself. I decided instead of wasting money on hpts to buy a opk test kit. It was the first month of trying them and i got 5 days of positives on the opk. dh and i tried all 5 days. I bought a pregnancy test kicking myself in the butt the whole time knowing i was wasting money again and about fell over when it instantly turned pink. For over a year and a half i tore the darn things apart and hold it to the light. examine for forever trying to pretend it was a line and this time there was no mistakening it. If you are trying to conceive and have not tried OPK tests. please please save the money from buying pregnancy tests and try it just once. If nothing else it boosts your confidence just seeing two lines on the OPK test. And they do work. Thank you to all the people who post regularly and share their heartache, heartbreak and success with the rest of the world.....we do read them and this is my success thread too you.....

Last edited by succeeded; 02-10-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: tags

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

brianna33 HB User
Re: TTC and success with OPK

Thank you for the encouragement! We have been trying for over 13 months. This is month 14. I did OPK twice last year and I got a positive in June, but nothing happened......But, also at the same time my Dad was about to pass away, so I think that time was stress. Anyway, I wanted to ask you, I bought some this month at the dollar tree for a dollar each. Do you think they will work too? I just didn't want to spend much money this time. Spent too much in the past on preggo tests, etc. Thanks for your help and CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful news!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

succeeded HB User
Smile Re: TTC and success with OPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianna33 View Post
Thank you for the encouragement! We have been trying for over 13 months. This is month 14. I did OPK twice last year and I got a positive in June, but nothing happened......But, also at the same time my Dad was about to pass away, so I think that time was stress. Anyway, I wanted to ask you, I bought some this month at the dollar tree for a dollar each. Do you think they will work too? I just didn't want to spend much money this time. Spent too much in the past on preggo tests, etc. Thanks for your help and CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful news!
I have used the dollar store pregnancy tests...they are supposed to be really sensitive. 25 hcg they say. I took one of those 7 days before and it was negative. it was too early though even for a 25 hcg. They do work though. plenty of people have said they do. Use them as you would a 5 day early test. I too spent anywhere from 20 to 30 a month in tests. Was a waste but when you are hoping you just cant help yourself. with my girls getting older and this year turning 30 i knew if it didnt happen soon i would have to give up.. I have a doctors appt on the 21st of february. my last pregnancy was a 5week 3 day blighted ovum, but didnt have a d&c til 12 weeks. didnt even know til 10 weeks. had to have a 2nd d&c due to blood clots. it was aweful. I am concerned even though they say it rarely happens twice. I just dont want to have to go through another year of trying. I took another test today to see if it was darker and it was which says the hormone is still going up which is good but until i hear a heartbeat im going to be a nervous wreck. This time it does feel different though. I have sore boobs, blotted stomach and already feeling nauseous. I really hope the best for you. i am sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mom when i was 12 in a car accident and my dad died in 2004 in a boating accident. he died 3 weeks after my youngest was born. please keep me posted on your progress and dont worry about the dollar store tests....they may be cheaper but they are just as good. They tend to leave evaporation lines people say but i never have gotten an evaporation line on one and the pictures people posted of them it was obvious it was not a line but a big blotch. good luck to you and thank you. Baby dust too you.

Closed Thread