It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
(female)

tracy30 HB User
does pain during ovulation mean the egg is been released

does pain during ovulation mean the egg is been released

Old 03-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
(female)

Khandii HB User
Re: does pain during ovulation mean the egg is been released

not always, it depends on the person. If you are someone with PCOS then ovulation time is normally always painful because you have follicles that didn't burst to release the egg so the next cycle will still have follicles left in there and it gets painful. There is also a good chance that the egg is being released if you do have a regular cycle though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
(female)

tictactalk HB User

I have pcos but I am not sure what kind of pain are you talking about during ovulation. I have been on clomid but I never experienced pain during ovulation. Also, I am not sure whether I am ovulating or not.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
(female)

Khandii HB User

I posted on the other post for you. If you get your period about 14 days after you think you ovulated then you did. If you have that pain for a few days and boom out of nowhere it's gone it's because you ovulated. Now you may get some pain and then no period comes and then when your body is ready to try again that time will be even more painful because of the left over follicles from the last time. It takes about 3 cycles for those follicles to go away.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #5
(female)

tictactalk HB User

thanks for the reply Khandii. but usually when I am about to get my period, I don't feel abdominal pain but instead, i get back aches (lower back pains)

Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
(female)

Khandii HB User

I get back pain too, it's more like a pressure type thing and a pain from the front to the back. I have always had those pains, I don't know if that is due to pcos or if everyone experiences them.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandii View Post
I get back pain too, it's more like a pressure type thing and a pain from the front to the back. I have always had those pains, I don't know if that is due to pcos or if everyone experiences them.
I don't have PCOS, and I can feel when I'm ovulating. People always think I'm crazy because I can tell when I'm ovulating and which ovary- they think women can't feel it. While some can't, other lucky ones, like me, can! Whenever I feel like it may be appendecitis, its just me ovulating. And then I get other similar period- pains like my legs and lower back and that is all just confirmation. I've known a few girls who don't have PCOS who get ovulation pain. And I only have one friend who has PCOS and has never mentioned ovulation pains. I wonder why some of us feel it and others don't. I also got really bad cramps which is why I went on BC. Now, no pain .

ttt, have you ever considered taking your temperature? Maybe that will help you narrow down your ovulation days.

Good luck!

Closed Thread