It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
2 Week Wait, anyone?

Well, my DH and I decided to give it a try this weekend. We were going to wait another month, but we decided to do a test round, lol. I went out and bought some cheapy OPKs from the dollar store. I tested on day 16 (have a 29 day cycle) because I had SO much cervical mucus, and sure enough it was a solid positive (much darker than the control line). This was at about 2pm. I took another "just to see" around 8pm, and it was negative. I'm guessing the LH surge was over?
Anyway, we had intercourse that evening. We haven't had sex since. I honestly don't know what to think. Now that we're having sex for a purpose, I'm strangely excited! Our daughter (almost 3) was a big "surprise", lol. So, I'm hoping we get lucky this time too.
Anyone else currently waiting it out? I can't test until May 1st...uggg!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User
Re: 2 Week Wait, anyone?

Hi there! I am excited now because I am in the 2ww too and almost at the same exact time! I am 7dpo, so I can't really test until like April 29th. I was actually diagnosed with PCOS and have been TTC for a year now, but this is my first month on fertility, and although I doubt the meds worked on the first cycle, I still can't help but feel excited! So it sucks having to wait, but I guess it will happen when the time is right! This will be my first child (if we ever get pregnant). That's cool that we're in this together!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi! Thanks for responding! I think it's great that we're almost on the same time line!

Are you nervous about testing? I am beyond belief! I am so nervous about going from one child to two children, but then again, there may be nothing to be nervous about. I know it's only about a 25% chance of happening, even when conditions are perfect.

Here's hoping! Stay in touch!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User

Hi again laura!!!! I am TOTALLY nervous about testing...but here's the thing...since I am on fertility meds, I don't think I will get the chance to POAS anyways! Since I took this sot that contains Hcg (the preg hormone) if I POAS'd then it will still show up positive for awhile! AHHH! So the only way I will know for sure is if I'm late and then I have to go in for an ultrasound! Crazy! So at least you get to do it at home. Don't be nervous, I am sure you are a great mom and things will work out when you have two instead of 1. I am just hoping and praying that number 1 comes soon for me...it seems like we have been trying forever! Please keep me updated, it is very exciting having someone do the 2ww at the same time! Hope to hear from you soon, Jill

Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
(female)

beige138 HB User

I'm not actually in the 2ww bc I just had what looked like af, but I'm not positive it was af. My fiance just started ttc last month after a 3 month break. Af showed up 4 days early with none of my normal pms symptoms, except for some light cramping 20 min b4 it showed up. I've had all kinds of symptoms including nausea, headaches, a couple nights of insomnia (I had that a lot when I was pg with dd), extreme fatigue (bad enough to need 2 naps even on days I had 8+ hrs of sleep). My af was also pretty light, and the last time af was early, I had just had an early miscarriage. So needless to say, I'm scared and anxious about taking a hpt. I did manage to figure out though that if I am pg, my due date would be the day after xmas. And I know this kinda weird, but almost a yr ago, I took a "when will u have a baby quiz" and it said dec 25,2010 (it also said it would be a boy with brown hair and green eyes, which is what my fiance has). Also, I forgot to mention, I had my first af when I was pg with dd. Good luck to the both of you. :-)

Old 04-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Girls!
Jill, Thanks for the words of encouragement regarding baby #2. I'm not going to lie - it's totally scary to be thinking of a second. I can tell you first hand that one child is BUSY! Although I love it! I'm just hoping things work out in the right way. I will be teaching for half a semester this fall and have next semester open. YAY! Now, let's just hope we can get this baby thing rolling!
The first baby is a truly magical experience. Everything is new and just SO precious. However, it is also a time to question everything you do...like "should I be feeling this way, really? more feet in my ribs?? I can't breathe as it is." Ha!
I can't wait to just enjoy it. With Madeline (my dd), I was pregnant in the summer and beyond the point of uncomfortable. I don't know how August mothers do it. It would be so nice to have a winter baby.
That stinks that you have to wait until you are officially late. I know I'll be testing sometime next week, because I can't wait! Loads of baby dust your way!
Beige ~ Is it possible that your AF was actually implantation bleeding? Take a test and let us know!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
(female)

Betty Bee HB User

HI Ladies! I'm also doing the waiting game. I used an OPK starting on day 9 and day 13 was ready to go! It's so exciting to see that smiley face on the opk! Well, today it's day 27 of my cycle and I usually run a longer cycle...like 30-33 days and never consistant. I have my fingers crossed and I'm hesitant to take a preg test. I think I want to wait until day 33 because I'd rather get my period than see a negative reault on a test!!! This will be my second child with my husband...We have an 18 month old boy. I too have felt, Gosh am I really ready for this? However, now that hubby and I have been TTC this month we are definitely ready to be blessed with another beautiful child! Just for the heck of it, I continued to take the opk test and I received a positive result again almost 11 days after it showed I ovulated. Very strange--Could I be ovulationg now and I wasn't before on day 14??? Anyway, Lots and Lots of Baby Dust to you all! Let's keep in touch! I can't wait to hear everyone's baby news!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
(female)

lovely77 HB User

Hi there i also have PCOS and was wondering what kind of med are u taking to help u conceive on ur own. because i have been trying also with no luck.My dr put me on Provera and Clomid . this is my first round. I am on day 17 right now .. its pretty weird doing all this ... I AM HOPING THIS HELPS ME AND I FINALLY GET pregnant with the first round of clomid!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
(female)

lovely77 HB User

Hi there i also have PCOS and was wondering what kind of med are u taking to help u conceive on ur own. because i have been trying also with no luck.My dr put me on Provera and Clomid . this is my first round. I am on day 17 right now .. its pretty weird doing all this ... I AM HOPING THIS HELPS ME AND I FINALLY GET pregnant with the first round of clomid!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User

beige138, it sounds like you could have had bleeding from implantation...not trying to get your hopes up, but that's sort of what it sounds like! Good luck to you!!!

LauraLu, thanks for the advice! I'm 10 dpo righ tnow, what are you again? i know we are only like a day off from each other or something like that.

Betty Bee, it could be that you ovulated late, or it could be that you're pregnant! My sister would get positive OPK's when she was pregnant. However, if you have PCOS or any issue like me, then OPK's don't help because I get a positive sometimes even when I am not near ovulation. I hope that's not the case for you, and it doesn't sound like it. Hope you get to test soon and let us know!

Lovely77, I have opted to take femara instead of clomid. My doctor likes it best because he says clomid tends to dry up the much needed cervical mucus for most people, however, lots of doctors will not prescribe femara because it is not actually FDA approved as a fertility drug, it is used to treat breast cancer. So I guess it depends on your doc. I know friends that have had success with both medicines, so i hope the Clomid works for you! I am 10 dpo and playing the waiting game! Are you taking the Ovidrel shot or anything to induce ovulation? I took that on CD12.

Good luck to you all, lots of baby dust! It is so wonderful having other people in the same situation, because we can all identify with the situation!Please keep udating your statuses, it's wonderful to hear other stories!

Baby dust to all! Jill

Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Today I am 9dpo. My boobs are SO sore, but they sometimes get like this before I'm due for my period. I know it's definitely not in my head, but I don't remember having sore boobs with dd until I was about 8 or 9 weeks along.
Anyway, I think I may cheat and test on Thursday. I've also had lots of cramping, particularly on my right side.
Here's hoping!
Anyone else experiencing any symptoms? Perhaps it's just all too early. I was so naive with my first that I missed all the signs. I didn't test until I was already 6 weeks along! Young and dumb - that's what I say!
Keep posting!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User

I am 11 dpo and I have lots of cramping, particularly in my lower right side as well, but I get real crampy and wierd like a week before AF anyways because of the PCOS I guess. I have a horrible cold all of a sudden, my sinuses are a mess, but there's a ton of pollen here! haha... I wish I had some kind of abnormal symptom but I really don't which kind of sucks. Unfortunately I always feel crampy and gross since i have been off the pill and on all these hormones, so I wouldn't know if I was pregnant! lol...oh well, I guess it will happen when the time is right...there's still hope for this cycle though! I am supposed to start Thursday...I might call the doctor and see when that hormone shot wears off to see if I am able to test at home at all...I am getting so antsy! haha. Oh well, I will live vicariously through all of you! Bring on the BFP's!!! Babydust to all!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
(female)

Betty Bee HB User

Jill, both of my SIL's used fertility drugs and one conceived after just one month, the other took two months to conceive! They both have twins about a month apart just born a week ago, and the other set a twins born in March. Both over the age of 35 too. I'm not sure exactly what type of drug they were on, clomid or another. I'm 37 and of course wondering if it will happen for me at my age, but I have to beleive if I did it once, I can sure do it again, right? I'm totally putting off testintg.

No signs or symptoms of pregnancy yet--I didn't have any signs until my 8th week last pregnancy, so I'm not really expecting anything different. I plan on testing on friday. Anybody else??

Old 04-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Ladies!
So I totally cheated and tested today. Of course it was negative, but I thought at 10 dpo, maybe! Guess I'll keep waiting it out. I'm going to try on Friday I think. This is getting painful to wait!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User

Betty, that's so cool about your SIL's! How wonderful! It certainly gives me hope. The doc did tell me that my case of PCOS was mild, and that he had high hopes that it will happen for me in one of the first three cycles....of course, there are no guarantees, but he said it is looking good for me, so that's wonderful! Are you on fertility meds too, or just trying on your own?

Laura, don't give up hope yet! It may have been too early! I have definitely given in and done that many times...we just can't help it!

For me, I am trying to figure out what day I am supposed to start. I took this HCG shot on the 13th that made me ovulate on the 15th, so i don't know if I was supposed to start today or Thursday. So I was thinking about testing tomorrow since that shot should be out of my system by then, but there are no guarantees with that.

Today I am 12 dpo and crampy, moody, and have sore boobs! I never ger sore boobs, but I have never been on fertility meds either so i think that aunt flo might be on her way.... We shall see I guess! I have a good attitude though, I truly feel that everything happens for a reason, and that if I am not pregnant right now, then I guess the timing was not just perfect. Hang in there everyone, at least we have each other to lean on! LOL...keep posting!!!!

Closed Thread