It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

Radchick HB User
Do I need EWCM to conceive?

Hello everyone...my husband and I have been TTC for about 5 mths now, I've been reading about ways to predict ovulation and have come across the term Egg White Cervical Mucus quite a bit. Personally I have been tracking my cervical mucus and cervical position, and I've noticed that I don't have stretchy EWCM. I get alot of wet, clear, watery mucus...very slippery, not stretchy, around the time of ovulation. Does anyone know if this is ok? Is it fertile mucus? The only time I notice "stretchy" fluid is sometimes when Im aroused or after sex...and I figure that's probably him more than me. Thanks for your help and advice!

- Oh just thought I'd add my hasband and I are both 27, pretty healthy, and my periods are normal for the most part...anywhere from 20 to 27 days long. I stopped BC 8 mths ago.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: Do I need EWCM to conceive?

Hey Radchick ~
When I conceived baby #2 (currently pregnant), I had lots of the same kind of mucus you are referring to - very abundant and slippery. I think they use the term EWCM so women know it's not just the "normal" stuff that sometimes appears. It is supposed to be a lot. I remember going into the OB for a checkup on a Wednesday, and she said, "Well, it's primetime for baby making time b/c you have 'happy mucus'". I didn't even know I had it, lol.
We then conceived this child on that Saturday...so there may be quite a few days of you having this. (I have a 28/29 day cycle and conceived on day 15).
Also, have you tried using ovulation predictor kits? You can get them at the dollar store. When we conceived, I got a strong positive on day 15 at around 2pm, and it was negative at 8pm...we did the deed that night around 11pm.
Good luck to you and your hubby!

Last edited by LauraLu; 09-05-2010 at 06:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
(female)

Radchick HB User
Re: Do I need EWCM to conceive?

Thanks for your response LauraLu....I haven't tried the OPK yet. I figured since Im having reg periods that I should be ovulating. It is frustrating though because when I was on BC I knew the very day I would start...now it's anywhere from 20 to 27 days! So I just make sure we BD at least every other day, if not every day, between day 7 and 15. But maybe I should try the OPK just to be sure Im ovulating. I asked my Dr about not noticing the stretchy EWCM and she said it can be hard to notice sometimes...she said as long at it's noticibly more abundant and thicker that it's fine. The thing is I dont notice it being "thicker"....it's probably thinner than usual...and watery. There is a lot of info about fertile cervical mucus out there...and some of it states that you need the thick, stretchy EWCM and some say the watery mucus is actually better, easier for the sperm to swim. So Im confused! lol...it's good to hear about other women who have the same type of fluid...and their success stories! Congradulations on your pregnancy Hope all is going well...Thanks again!

Closed Thread