It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2002, 05:38 AM   #1

Lori A HB User
not a good day

well my MOM (the closest person to me) had breast cancer 3 years ago. she did not require any treatment and just had a lump removed from her armpit. they found cancer in the lump. we are not sure at this point what treatment or how serious this may be. I have not slept, still no period. I know stress is bad for the body so we might hold off on trying. I would like to have a baby soon and I want my mom to spend lots of time with her grandchildren. I have also read that if you don't have a baby by the age of 30 you are in a higher risk range for breast cancer.
anyway Happy Valentine's Day. My hubby and I are spending with my mom

Old 02-14-2002, 10:11 AM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: not a good day

Lori, sorry to hear about your mom. It must be a very sad time for you and your family. We will be thinking of you and wishing you and your family the best.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2002, 11:58 AM   #3

fingerscrossed HB User

Lori,
I know exactly what you are going through, but dont give up hope and whats most important now for you and your mom is to think positive!!!!
My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, which is the final stage of cancer. They gave her 6 weeks to 6 months to live. She stayed very positive and strong and required everyone around her to think positive as well! Well miraculously, after chemo and radiation and 2 surgeries, she is now cancer free and has been for 2 years! The doctor even told her, she is walking miracle! We attribute her success to everyone around her thinking positively and praying for her!
Breast cancer is easily treatable if caught early! Try to think positively and I think you should continue to try to get pregnant! Good luck and I will be praying for you and your family!
Happy Valentines Day!

Old 02-16-2002, 08:53 AM   #4

Lori A HB User

Hi and thanks so much for your replies.

Fingerscrossed- your mom is so strong and I thank you for sharing that miraculous story. It makes you beleive in positive thinking and there is hope.

Closed Thread