It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2002, 05:54 AM   #1

Lori A HB User
finally ovulating!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone
I can finally tell that I am ovulating this month. I did take a opk on Friday and it was +. also I have been monitoring my temps and cervial fluid. I know this does not mean that I will conceive this month but it sure feels good to know that I can ovulate alone.

How often should you have sex during ovulating. I think every day is too much. some info that I have been reading says to try every day during this time.

Old 03-11-2002, 09:29 AM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: finally ovulating!!!!!!!!

Happy to hear your good news! Remember that you only ovulate one day though. If the test showed positive it means that you will ovulate somewhere within 24 to 36 hours. The egg only lives for about 24 hours once you ovulate. If you had sex recently, there could already be sperm in you waiting to greet the egg. If not, now is the time! Sperm can live up to 5 days (or even more I've heard) in a woman. Basically, my point is that you have about 1-3 days now that you could conceive, not really any longer. If you have sex today it would be best because you don't want to wait too long. And who knows, you could be about to ovulate any minute. I know you asked about whether it's best to have sex every other day or every day. In this instance, because you have a relatively short amount of time when you could conceive, you probably should have sex every day for the next 3 days. Of course your husband's sperm count will be highest today, but heck, if people can get pregnant by pre-***, there's no reason why just because his count will be lower tomorrow you won't get pregnant. I hope you understand what I'm saying. My point is that you don't have really more than 3 days now, and if you wait, you might miss the boat. Good luck. I can't wait to hear if you get pregnant! Let us know in a couple weeks!!

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2002, 05:15 PM   #3
Inactive

Shaelle HB User

Just want to wish you good luck. Stay lying down for a while afterwards and even prop those hips up on to a pillow!

I'm checking the calander and I hope you have a positive result by the first of April - April fools Day of course, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Good Luck!

Old 03-12-2002, 04:59 AM   #4

Lori A HB User

I will for sure keep you updated. I hope this is the lucky month.

Closed Thread