It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Cool TTC Buddies (34)

Good morning everyone!

Thanks again for your wonderful words last night. It really helped to put a good end to a bad day. Later on DH and I had a long talk about all of this (yet again!). He thinks I should try to get my mind off ttc, and suggested that being on the board is detrimental to me since I'm on the subject ALL the time! I have to agree, in a way, but I also believe it does me a world of good to talk about it with all of you and to have your support.

On the other hand, it is hard hearing about ovulation, bms, and the 2ww. I feel I have nothing to contribute in that area! And it's true. All I can do, perhaps, is offer my advice or experience to some of the people here. Is that enough? How can I make time go by faster? I don't know. I'm gritting my teeth here and trying to get a grip on this situation.

Trying to think positively. I hear you Autumn and Tcb! I know I will eventually have a baby, but just feel so in limbo right now! Sort of between ttc worlds, if you will. I honestly felt sad, Tcb, that you think I will have a baby before you do! None of us can know that! You are young and will have a child soon! You too Autumn. I just know your new doctor is going to make it happen for you. Latebloomer, I can't even express how happy I feel that you finally have a doctor who's going to get you there!

I have debated whether to leave the boards for some time, but at the moment have decided against it, believing it would do me more harm than good, to feel so disconnected...I want to still feel a part of ttc and also a part of this wonderful group! I'd feel so lost without all of you.
I'll post a bit later on. I have to cook something right now and please don't worry, I'm getting there, slowly but surely, with your wonderful help!

Love you all. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2003, 06:01 AM   #2
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
Love to you too, Nela. My DH is chasing me off the computer something about Bruce Springsteen tix. Just a quick hello, be back soon

Old 03-08-2003, 06:43 AM   #3

Laroussi HB User
Morning all

Latebloomer, friendlyrobyn - how those hangovers doing? Did you both have great nights out, hope so!

My dh is also trying to get me off the computer - he's bought a new joystick and a flight simulator programme - don't think I'll have much chance to get on the boards for a while!

nela - hang in there, it wont be long now - please don't disappear on us. I love reading your comments, and it's especially nice to have someone over on this side of the world. (You too jsbaby - us 'easterners' must stick together!)

Old 03-08-2003, 10:20 AM   #4
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
DH was able to get tix for all 3 nites, he's never seen The Boss, so he's excited.

Laroussi: I didn't drink I had seltzer and lime. I stopped last month. Its not as hard as it was in the beginning. BUT I HAD A BLAST! Turns out only 2 of us went the music was 50s,60s,70,80s sung by 3 ladies. It was an estrogen filled night! All the guys were watched us gals dance the night away. I have to get out more, because I escaped my mind from ttc!

late bloomer

[This message has been edited by late bloomer (edited 03-09-2003).]

Old 03-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
Laroussi: Forgot to mention that my DH is a graphic artist and does the art work for flight simulation, race car driving and drivers ed. Too funny! I provided all the info I have on Clomid and wanted to include the side effects: Hot flushes (10%) Abdominal discomfort (55%), Nausea (2%), Visual Symptoms (1%) Headache (1%) Hair problems (.3%) and Twin pregnancy (10%)
I'm signing off for a few hours want to go walking today. Check back later

[This message has been edited by late bloomer (edited 03-08-2003).]

Old 03-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
hello my friends! When i make reference of you ladies to my local friends i refer to you as my freinds on line. Kinda funny i guess but true too. I had a tall (small) caramel frozen expresso drink with exte expresso and vanilla! yummers!! I also ordered a few waters from the waitress, she wasnt to amused!Late bloomer, you went out too, woo hoo! It felt good, i get out about twice a month, thats enough for me! Im sorry to hear your still feeling low and I DO THINK THAT YOUR EXPERIENCE AND FRIENDSHIP IS ENOUGH SUPPORT for all of us as long as you also can tolerate the talk of TTC! I have thought of the jealousy it would cause to announce im preggers(when it happens) but then remind myself how that feeling is also combined with encouragment and hapiness! When I joined the board in late november i thought that was my month and how rude to only visit the ttc board for 1 month! I sure be here all day with the 1 hour exeption of working out! Sorry for all of my horrible spelling! I love saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2003, 02:37 PM   #7
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
Robyn: Yummmmmy that espreso sounds delicious. It is 40 degrees today, yippee. Its was nice out for a walk, later followed by a some soothing moments in the sauna. I just love dry heat. I miss Cal so much especially in the summer, its humid here on the east coast. Tonight we're gonna rent a movie and eat in. Well what a week of BMS! We really covered the entire week I really hope I don't get ANY dumb symptoms, I just need to make it to next Sat my 27th day. I hope this week races by! Next Sunday is my neice's 1st b'day, I haven't seen her since Christmas, she's practically walking. Its selfish of me to say that I've been avoiding seeing her, but I feel so much better today, I spoke to SIL shes wonderful. What are you and your DH doing tonight?

late bloomer

Old 03-08-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
staying home for sure! Sat are the only days we get to stay home. Rent is so much$$$ we should make the most of it. We recently upgraded our cable so there is always something on tv. If you were asking this ques say last year, we would have been at the malls shopping, then out to dinner, movie, and probably a stop to rent dvds on the way home! we would have spent about400$$ !! there is no need for that. We have a debt were working on. I cant wait to be debt free, and save money for a house. The "cheaper ones" are 400, ooo so we cant begin to pay a morgage with so many silly credit card debts! Ive been planning our sept vac in las vegas today. Im familar with the area just never been so picky on prices! I think i found a great deal. 3 star hotel for 5 nights with air fare for 4 is 872 vs. 4 star $1524.

Old 03-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #9
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
Hi Robyn: I know what you mean about rent and debts. Today I paid of my car! Yep, I DID IT. Now I have $300 to towards my other debts. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, its small but its a start. We're renting a small house and it is challenging to say the least. We like our king size bed, and can only fit 2 dressers. I am so looking forward to a house one day. I remember the rent in Cal being outrageous, its high here too, but the houses are considerably less with more property. Wish you all the luck. How fun VIVA LAS VEGAS. I've been to Salt Lake and Park City, NV but never made it to Las Vegas. A couple we know just came back, they absolutely loved it. You are sure to have fun. I'm watching Terms of Endearment and my eyes keep tearing up at the sight of her children, they are soooo cute. I was watching When A Man Loves a Woman this morning, and eyes filled up with tears at those 2 little girls. We would really love to have a boy for several reasons - I come from a family of 4 girls, he comes from a family of 4 girls and 2 boys + he plays sports 2-3 times a week, very active, and would love a son. BUT, I believe my first will be a girl. I just sense it because I would love to dress her and frill her. We'd be a team, my mushy love and a little girl....oh what fun that would be.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
my eyes were tearing up yust reading about your mushy team. The joys we have ahead!!!how exciting!!!! thats great about your car payment. Dh still has 2 more years of 490.10!! I drive a 96 and its paid for.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:36 PM   #11
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
Ya see, life is good. I feel better because I'm alowing myself to dream.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:36 PM   #12

mia21 HB User
hello there, I can't help but feel for those of you ttc. I know it isn't easy, Im praying i will get to keep this one as there is a high risk of M/C in our family. You guys were so accepting and friendly when i first came on this board and I was ttc. but now that (i think) im pg. I didn't want to set off any jealous feelings. I know how it must feel. But i can't help but think about how you guys feel. I think about you ladies, and i want you to know that even though we havn't met or really know each other right now (maybe in near future we will) Im praying for little miracles to happen. Take Care!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 03-08-2003, 04:44 PM   #13
Veteran

late bloomer HB User
Oh Mia that was so sweet. Wow, from the outside I must sound like a wash rag. Robyn and I kinda have a Sat nite chat and we're both hoping this is our month. Nice of you to join in and don't ever feel like your good news isn't welcomed here. I read your news and wish you all the best. Thank you for sending us prayers!

Hugs,
late bloomer

Old 03-08-2003, 05:52 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
I had my outing for the day, went to the gym. My fav thing there now is some elliptical machine where your leg and arms are going. I burned a whopping 600 cal in 45 mins. I needed that, now i wont be so tempted to pork out tonight!
Well im back in my pjs and found some movie on. It starts in 30 mins. Mia21, im glad to be in your thoughts as you now are in mine! Your welcome to post in here anytime! We have another prego member , ladylight. M/C is a very sad thing to go through as many of know personaly. When i get preg ill probably not be able to enjoy it for the entire 1st trimester. I m/c at 9 weeks in May.
Latebloomer, do you have plans for the rest of your day?I mean night?

Old 03-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #15
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
this is the least stessed ive been about ttc. Not worried about o, not worried about bms, not worried about af! Am i free of these worries? Yeah right, give me 10 more days. You know whats funny? This is day 27 of my cycle. (no biggie, remeber i oed on day22) lets see if i can beat my record and go 40 days. ( i now ive said 50 days but i tend to stretch the truth, cant spell exadurate) im am intelligent, i just cant spell and im not a perfectionist so i dont look things up unless its necesary. sorry so sound like an idiot!! but im not...really

Closed Thread