It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 04:41 AM   #1

Wen30 HB User
Post ttc for 5 months - should I worry?

My husband and I have been ttc for 5 months now with no luck. We are both 30 years old, healthy and I am very aware of my fertility signs (which all seem pretty normal), so we are doing everything with the right timing!

Everything I've read says that it is too early for me to worry, but it's human nature to worry, isn't it?.

Any suggesions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 05:26 AM   #2
(female)

Mjmoon HB User
I understand completely how you feel. I'm 30 too (DH is 32) and after four months of perfect timing I was beginning to think something was wrong too. I was convinced on my fifth month it wasn't going to happen yet again.. but to my surprise that is when we conceived. It turns out we conceived earlier then the average for our age. The average is 7 months for our age group. I read that even with perfect timing two fertile adults only have about a 20-25% chance of conceiving in a cycle. Age and other issues may lower that slighly. I know it's hard not to worry but try not to stress over it too much..

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 05:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jen30 HB User
Edited

[This message has been edited by Jen30 (edited 05-02-2003).]

Old 05-02-2003, 05:39 AM   #4
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I was on 21 when we decided to have our first(Got married at 19). It took us over a year. I went to the doctor after 5 months and they said to give it 6 more months and if still nothing then we will do fertility drugs. It was 6 months to the day that we conceived.

With this one we decided to start trying October 1st. I never had another period.

So I guess it is just different with everyone.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 05-02-2003, 07:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

l8again HB User
Wen - I am going to be 30 in July and dh is 30 as of March. We have been trying for 19 months. I waited until the year mark before I talked to a doctor. First, they tested dh and he turned out fine. All his little swimmers are in good shape. Then, I was tested February 2003. I had hysto/lap/HSG done. I turned out to be fine as well. Since we have been ttc for over a year, we are diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility.... We are not pg but I am still praying that it will happen.

I would ask the doctor what they recommend. You might be able to get in earlier than the "1 year" mark. The doctor may want to check your dh first and then you. I say the sooner the better!!

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-02-2003, 08:02 AM   #6
(female)

Lissie2414 HB User
HI Wen30
My Boyfriend and I were TCC for almost a year before we conceived and we are both 30. Actually we are two days apart with me being older which he never lets me forget. My doctor said that we should try for little over a year and then if nothing they would do tests. Well I could not wait so I bought a fertility monitor in October and we got pregnant in March. I found out from the monitor that I O'd later in my cycle than I thought. I O'd on day 19 and 20 where I thought that I did around day 15 so we had been missing it for all of those months beforehand. Hang in there. If you want some more info about the fertility monitor just let me know. I love that little device.

******BABY DUST TO YOU******

Lissie
EDD 11/22/03

Old 05-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Cool

I agree with Lissie. The monitor is wonderful and I can't say enough great things about it.

It is costly ($200 for the monitor, $40.00 a month for test sticks) but well worth every penny.

Women can ovualte at anytime, but most ovualte around day 14-16. But according to the monitor, I found out I ovulated early on days 11-12. My sister-in-law also used the monitor and got pregnant her first month of using it. She found out she O'd on days 21-22.

You should give it a shot! It worked great for us.

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 05-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #8

Wen30 HB User
Thanks for the advice.

I am very interested in the fertility monitor. Can you tell me more about it? I live in Australia. I hope they are available here.

Closed Thread