It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

cricketchicket HB User
No period after Provera - how to conceive?

Hello,

My DH are currently TTC and and I have recently been to our 1st fertility clinic appointment. Due to my long cycles and bloodtests that indicated that I wasn't going to ovulate anytime soon after that first appointment, I was placed on Provera for 10 days to induce a period. I did not get a period after those 10 days and called the clinic (as per their directions), and am to go in on Thursday for some bloodtests and another prescription.

My questions are:

1) What can this mean (not getting a period after Provera)? I've started looking into it a bit and it seems that I may have low estrogen, which does make sense since being off the BCP for the past 5 years and my cycles have always been long (6-12 weeks) and periods pretty short and scanty.

2) If it is a matter of low estrogen, how does this affect conception and what types of medications/remedies are out there for people trying to conceive with this issue. Has anyone had any experience with this?

3) What types of medications do they prescribe after failing the "progesterone challenge" in order to induce a period?

Thanks so much.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
help! trying to conceive, but double period in august charley7 Trying to Conceive (TTC) 6 09-03-2010 06:13 AM
Period 4-5 days after positive OPKs? Psychofan Trying to Conceive (TTC) 0 05-10-2010 12:34 PM
TTC baby #2 - question about period Belly Kelly Trying to Conceive (TTC) 2 07-02-2009 01:16 PM
really light period while on provera...pregnant? lesliegail Trying to Conceive (TTC) 1 03-04-2008 08:10 AM
I've been trying for a year but i'm not getting my period noluckttc Trying to Conceive (TTC) 5 10-13-2007 05:07 AM