It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

fille du quebec HB User
Spotting won't stop after IUI!

Hi!

I have been diagnosed with the general unexplained infertility. My husband and I have a daughter that was born without difficulty, nearly two years ago. We have been trying for a second child since this past August--with the assistance of an RE. After 4 cycles of clomid, our RE suggested IUI w/clomid. It didn't work, and the following clomid cycle (#6) led to anovulatory cycle.

Our RE then suggested that we move onto injectibles (and HCG trigger shot) along with IUI. This is our second round of injectibles with IUI. After our last IUI (w/injectibles), I started spotting that night. The spotting never stopped until my period arrived. We found out that it may have been a biochemical pregnancy because my HcG levels were slightly positive.

We had the IUI a couple days ago again, and just like the last IUI, I started spotting, even heavy spotting, that night, and it has not stopped--although not as heavy now, but still spotting all day long.

We understand that the IUI procedure itself can cause some irritation and that it is normal if one spots. However, it is not stopping and my RE doesn't seem to know why. We're wondering if it's the meds (Bravelle), or the HcG shot, or the IUI that is leading to all that bleeding. My cervical mucus was perfectly fine right up until the IUI. Should we try again with the meds but not the IUI? Should we not do the meds altogether? Are there side effects to these drugs or IUI that lead to bleeding?

My husband has no issues. I have no known issues. No cysts, no endometrium issues, no progesterone issues.

Please chime in if you have any past experience or advice. Anyone spotted after the IUI for a longer period than normal?

From a concerned Quebecoise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

maybebaby76 HB User
Re: Spotting won't stop after IUI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fille du quebec View Post
Hi!

I have been diagnosed with the general unexplained infertility. My husband and I have a daughter that was born without difficulty, nearly two years ago. We have been trying for a second child since this past August--with the assistance of an RE. After 4 cycles of clomid, our RE suggested IUI w/clomid. It didn't work, and the following clomid cycle (#6) led to anovulatory cycle.

Our RE then suggested that we move onto injectibles (and HCG trigger shot) along with IUI. This is our second round of injectibles with IUI. After our last IUI (w/injectibles), I started spotting that night. The spotting never stopped until my period arrived. We found out that it may have been a biochemical pregnancy because my HcG levels were slightly positive.

We had the IUI a couple days ago again, and just like the last IUI, I started spotting, even heavy spotting, that night, and it has not stopped--although not as heavy now, but still spotting all day long.

We understand that the IUI procedure itself can cause some irritation and that it is normal if one spots. However, it is not stopping and my RE doesn't seem to know why. We're wondering if it's the meds (Bravelle), or the HcG shot, or the IUI that is leading to all that bleeding. My cervical mucus was perfectly fine right up until the IUI. Should we try again with the meds but not the IUI? Should we not do the meds altogether? Are there side effects to these drugs or IUI that lead to bleeding?

My husband has no issues. I have no known issues. No cysts, no endometrium issues, no progesterone issues.

Please chime in if you have any past experience or advice. Anyone spotted after the IUI for a longer period than normal?

From a concerned Quebecoise.

Hi!!!! I do not no much about IUI. As u both have not problems in conceiving have u thought of trying natural remedies? DH nd i r trying them atm. I am on Evening primrose oil 1000mg, 1 tablet 3 times a day nd DH is taking vitamin C nd Zinc Tablets which helps the sperm to stay strong nd stop clumping of the sperm. Anything is worth a shot when trying to achieve ur dream.

Im sry i am not much more help on ur post, but wish all the very best. My fingers, toes r crossed for u.

Take care
Lots of baby dust

Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

fille du quebec HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybebaby76 View Post
Hi!!!! I do not no much about IUI. As u both have not problems in conceiving have u thought of trying natural remedies? DH nd i r trying them atm. I am on Evening primrose oil 1000mg, 1 tablet 3 times a day nd DH is taking vitamin C nd Zinc Tablets which helps the sperm to stay strong nd stop clumping of the sperm. Anything is worth a shot when trying to achieve ur dream.

Im sry i am not much more help on ur post, but wish all the very best. My fingers, toes r crossed for u.

Take care
Lots of baby dust
You are so sweet. Thank you for replying. I will have to talk to my husband about taking the supplements and do some more research with herbal remedies. I have heard that L'Arginine is also great for men trying to conceive. I guess my question was more related to the IUI and the spotting, but I truly appreciate your input and suggestions.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

h19 HB User

Have you posted this question on the infertility board?? I know the ladies there would be able to offer you a lot more advice. Sorry I could not be of any help to you...but I wish you lots of luck and Babydust!

Old 02-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
(female)

fille du quebec HB User

Hi!
Yes, I have posted it under Infertility as well, but haven't had any replies. Doctors and patients alike don't seem to know what's going on... which is all the more worrisome to me... I try not to lose hope.

Closed Thread