It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

ilovemyboots HB User
ttc new on here over 35. pls advize me xx

Hi, im new on this board.

looking for advice and reassurance i guess. been on other boards and they are pretty down on me cos im an older would be again mum.

Im mum to three children and one has disabilty. Ive now met the man of my life and we want a baby of our own. my past relationships were bad and the father doesnt want to see his children
me and hubby of three yrs ttc for about 3 yrs id say on and off and in that time he has had erectile probs and then ejactulat probs, but now its cleared up and last six months we been trying properly,he hasnt been checked out but has fathered two boys twenty yrs ago.
i got checked out at doctor and she said im good shape, wt, good blood results and scan of uterus was fine.

bought a clearblue monitor and use opk, got result really dark one this time and peak of cbm this month. today and yesterday. we been doin it all this wk everyother day.

thing is i keep thinking i wont get preg, why shuold it happen when hasnt so far? what diff will the clearblue monitor make,. or anythin. jsut started taking folic acid. trying get fitter, i walk everywhere anyway and my kids keep me busy. im ideal weight doc says but personally id like to lose couple pounds though! but wouldnt we all.

need advice. need some positive input. be gentle, first time posting.

thanks so mucho x

Last edited by moderator2; 02-18-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
(female)

maybebaby76 HB User
Re: ttc new on here over 35. pls advize me xx

Welcome!!!!! I am also will b a older mum nd dnt c anything wrong with it, age is no barrier. Dnt thk negative honi, start thkn positive nd it will happen. Maybe u could also try taking evening primrose oil nd dh some zinc nd vitamin C which is good for the sperm. DH nd i r trying this, this month. I am now in that horrid tww.

U will find loads of support on this broad with no judgement. Sry i couldn't b much help to u. Wishing u all the very best. Stay positive honi, the mind is a very powerful tool nd u WILL get ur little angel, have faith.

Sending loads of baby dust ur way xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: ttc new on here over 35. pls advize me xx

The fact that you've both reproduced successfully in the past suggests you'll be able to do it again.
There is such a thing as secondary infertility, and female fertility declines, at any rate, by the mid-30s.
But still, most women in their mid to late 30s will still be able to have a baby. It just might take a little longer.
By this age, we tend not to ovulate every month, and to have fewer viable eggs.
I believe I read that in your mid 20s you have a 33% chance of conceiving each month, but by your mid 30s, it's down to about 10%.

Still, over 60% of women in their late 30s conceive within a year of active trying, and over 80% within two years.

So just be patient. It'll probably happen. Good luck!

Closed Thread