It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

katiejoan HB User
Ovulation Bleeding more than spotting TTC

Hello I'm new to this site, I posted this same question on another site, but didn't get any replies so I'm hoping someone will reply on this one :0)

I have been trying to conceive #3 for a while now and I am going to a reproductive endocrinologist. I have PCOS and recently diagnosed hypothyroid, but I'm on meds and the latest bloodwork showed that's gotten back on track. This cycle I was chlomid (blood tests showed they didn't work for me at all) so then was put on injectables (menopur 75). On Saturday 2/12 I started having signs of ovulating and through bloodwork and ultrasounds my doctors said i was about to as well. I took a double dose of menopur (150) on Sat. and told to take the HCG trigger shot to induce ovulation on Sunday 2/13. Sunday morning I woke up bleeding and from what I saw through google (and then spoke to some nurses) they said this was a good sign of ovulating. I took the HCG shot on Sunday, but then the bleeding kept on going (with cramping) till Wednesday 2/16. On Tuesday 2/15 I had an ultrasound which showed my follicles released so I did indeed ovulate. But, it is more than just "spotting". The ultrasound tech said she never saw that much blood for ovulation bleeding. It is like a light period. I started progesterone supplements on Wednesday (standard for everyone at the fertility docs). Do you think this could just be ovulation bleeding or somehow could i have gone straight into my period? I'm wondering also if it could have been from the high estradiol with the hormone shots and then the sudden drop after my follicles released and my body wasn't adjusted to it. Has anyone else had ovulation bleeding that lasted four days and was pink and red? Could I have soemthing wrong like where the egg released, but couldn't implant so my body stared an early period? I'm just so lost on if that was ovulation bleeding or a period and if it was a period I need to get back on track and start w/ the bloodwork again instead of just waiting for a period that won't come (b/c it already did) Thanks so much for any thoughts!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
(female)

poca HB User
Re: Ovulation Bleeding more than spotting TTC

Hi Katiejoan, I'm experiencing something simular to what you are going through. I wasn't ttc at the time but my last cycle was on 1-30-11 and on feb 17 i went to the restroom to pee and when i wiped myself it was light pink stuff on the tissue...and it scared me bcus i know it wasn't the time of the month for my cycle to start and like i told you b4 i wasn't ttc....so later that night nothing and then when i woke up the next day it was like a brownish color on my pantyliner and then bright red but very light ....the following day it was a little bit heavier so i just thought it was a irregular period but by the end of the night it was light again so the next day it had gone off....so i been doing a lot of research b4 i get my hopes up high and read somthing about implantation bleeding which last for 2-3 days so if you find out anything let me know and good luck!

Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

katiejoan HB User

Hey poca!

o.k. so i had my follow up appointment w/ the fertility doc which they do a week after ovulation and I ovulated (according to bloodwork and ultrasound) either last Sunday or Monday. I wasn't sure if that was my period too though b/c it was so much. They were able to tell me yesterday where I am in my cycle according to the thickness of my lining and they said I'm right where I should be meaning that was just ovulation and not a period. I'm relieved that things aren't more cooky with my body right now and that that wasn't an extremely short leutal phase defect or miscarriage or anything, it was only very heavy ovulation bleeding. So apparently that can happen. Mine lasted from Sunday morning till Wednesday was the last of it. I don't think I'm pregnant though this cycle, so I definitely don't think it was implantation either.

I suspect yours was ovulation bleeding as well since it was only 15 days past your last cycle. It's supposed to be a high sign of fertility if u bleed. In my case I think my body had a hard time adjusting to all the hormones they gave me. Ovulation bleeding would happen midcycle and implantation bleeding would happen about a week before your cycle is due so they'd be about a week or two apart. If you don't chart your cycles I'd definitely start so you can see what happens next month and if that happens again. It was really weird b/c I half heartedly track (when my cycles are, but not my bbt or anything) and I thought I just didn't ovulate... now I'm thinking there were a couple other times I thought I had started my period (didn't have sex b/c of it) and that was really me ovulating.. when i should've had sex! So ironic! I have really long cycles too so I can't afford to miss the couple times I did ovulate but stayed away from ttc b/c i thought it was a period. Also, I read (i've been pretty obsessed w/ this lately ha) that if u bleed too much during that time it can make it a little harder ttc b/c it can wash the sperm out.. which makes sense if you have a heavy flow. And i read that it could be due to other things.. so if it keeps happening you should see a doctor.. i think they were like endometriosis and a couple other things that I don't remember. Good luck though!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
(female)

poca HB User

ok so if you have ovulation bleeding and its not your cycle do you still suppose to get your cycle on the due date? say for instance mine come on on jan 30 then something had me thinking it was back on Feb 17 when it suppose to have come on today feb 27 but i only had cramping like it was getting ready to start and nothing happen

Closed Thread