It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
How do you respond?

Looking for advice from others TTC.

My husband and I have been trying for baby #2 for about a year now. We conceived my son after 3 months of trying 4 years ago. Don't know why it is taking longer this time.

Anyhow, I have family members, mostly my SIL, who always brings up the subject if we are having another baby at family functions. We were talking about my cousin who is newly pregnant and my SIL looks at me and says, "so, when can we expect another baby from you?" This happens every time I see her.

I don't like to tell people that we are trying and not having luck. Maybe I should be more honest, but I just don't think it is anyone's business. I also feel like a bit of a failure and am getting frustrated.

I don't want to be mean to my SIL. She loves my son and is a wonderful aunt. I just don't know what to say when backed into a corner like this. Any advice?

The following user gives a hug of support to Belly Kelly:
tanyamcn (03-29-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

h19 HB User
Re: How do you respond?

It's a tough one....unless you have been yourself, or know someone that has been down the road of infertility, it is very hard to understand. I would simply say to her next time she asks, that "it is not always that easy". It might be enough of a hint for her to back down. Often times, people with the best intentions...(a loving Aunt) can say things that hurt.

Good luck to you TTC. Have you seen your doctor yet??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread