It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

operationbaby HB User
Unhappy HELP! Been TTC for 5 months Need HELP

Hello All,
I've been TTC for about 5 mons now and haven't been successfull at it, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I wouldve thought getting prego would be easy since every other time I turn around somebody is "accidently" preggers . I went to the doc and she told me I need to relax...that was 3 mons ago. I tried taking the prenatel vitamins and got no result, my hubby and I BD at least once every other day if not everyday and still no result. I thought by waiting for the wedding and the house it would just come naturally on it's own but it's not and i'm only 24. We're both healthy so i'm finding myself beyond frusterated. With every little pain or twinge I think it's a new symptom and as it turns out it's just PMS that I guess i'm just now starting to pay attention to since i'm trying to get pregnant and i'm looking for sympotoms. As many of you can relate it's really a painful feeling when you think you might be preggers and then AF arrives as scheduled. My LMP was 4/6/11 and again like clockwork AF arrived late this morning (5/2/11). I think maybe this month i'll try the PRE-Seed technique since I read some women tried it and it worked. I just need some inspiration and support in this journey. I'm the only female left in my family which only adds to my frusteration bc my single friends try to understand but they can't possibly and I have no one else to go to. I hope I get a post ot two back....Good luck to the rest of you ladies out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User
Re: HELP! Been TTC for 5 months Need HELP

Have you looked into "how" conception occurs?

I know it sounds stupid but there is about a 5 day window each month where the egg and sperm can meet. It is actually "harder" than it seems :-)

If you search taking charge of your fertility, you will find out lots of information on how to become "more fertile" and when you have the best chance to ovulate.

Good luck

Pup

Old 05-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

operationbaby HB User
Exclamation Re: HELP! Been TTC for 5 months Need HELP

Hi Pup!
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes i've looked into the actual process of conception and thats why my Neg results are becoming so frusterating. I know I ovulate on the 14th day of my cycle given my full cycles are 27-28 days long. (Luckily, i'm pretty regular) however even knowing that i'm still not having the success I thought I would. I really think i'm just stressing to much over it, but I don't know how to calm myself down

I also understand that even once I actually ovulate there's only about a 12-24 hour window in which I can conceive the child. As far as the basic facts go I'm covered.....which is why i'm having such a hard time I guess.

I really thought this would be easy and it turning out to be hard is a shocker. They say not to think about it but do this, this, and this...all while not thinking about it. Well when i'm using OPK's and charting my BBT what else can I possibly think about?

SOOOO STRESSED

Old 05-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

Are you charting?

That's why I wanted you to look up the site, it explains charting. Can you tell if/when you ovulated? Do you have fertile cervical mucuous? Are your temps changing?

I concieved my daughter trying to use charting for contraception (it didn't work but I knew the exact day I screwed up)

We did the deed day 8- 2 days after my period stopped, the next morning I had EWCM and 5 days later I had the temp spike of ovulation.

I took the paper in at my 1st OB visit because I have a short luteal phase and my EDD should be earlier. My doc agreed and moved it from Nov 11 to the 6th. I delivered 3.75 weeks early, if we had gone by the first dates I would have had to deliver at a different hospital. So charting was very improtant in my case.

Just not for BC.....

Pup

Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
(female)

operationbaby HB User

I've been charting my cycle days and i've been unsing this ovulation calendar which tells you your fertile days based on the length on your cycle and the first day of your LMP. Is it possible to over-do the "deed" from the time AF leaves till her ugly return we usually get busy every other in not every day. Which ensures a fresh deposit for my waiting eggs.

Since AF arrived today i'm on day one of my cycle all over again. But on the bright side i'm going to use this as an opportunity to start charting my BBT. I've been holding off from doing this and using the OPK's because my friends have been advising me i'm probably thinking about it too much which is sadly true....on a given day I prolly spend most of the time thinking about being pregnant, and if i'm going all out doing that i'll def be thinking more and more about it so i've tried to keep my charting minimal. Regardless starting tomorrow i'm going to begin charting my temp. First thing in the am before I get out of bed
then i'm going to really take the time to examine my CM and use the OPK's. Do you happen to know which cycle day I should start using the OPK? So much for being able to announce my pregnancy for my hubby's 30th bday

Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't know about the OPK's, I know you ovulate when your temps go up.

Shrug

Good luck

Pup

Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

I'm currently in my late 30s and pregnant with my 3rd child.
It's been a long time since I had the other two, and I had read that it would be "difficult" to conceive, that my fertility would be impaired by my age, etc. I was prepared for that. But I didn't find that to be the case.

Here's what I did: first, I charted my cycles until I was sure how long they were (always 27-28 days). Ovulation usually occurs ten to fourteen days before your next menstrual period, so we'd be sure to have sex every day during that week or so that was my "fertile window". We didn't even bother having sex at other times of the month, unless we just felt like it: no point, fertility-wise.

I know a lot of the experts say every other day is just as good (or better) than every day, but common sense suggests otherwise. I think they just don't believe the average couple can manage every day sex, which is ridiculous.
It's easy enough, especially when it's only for one week a month.

So that's what I'd suggest: figure out your fertile window and start having sex every day during that time. And don't even worry about the rest of the month, because you aren't fertile then.

And do keep in mind that five months isn't that long. It's all about luck, really. It can take the average couple around six months to conceive, apparently. Some people get really lucky and conceive on their first or second try. others are unlucky and don't get it until their ninth or tenth month of trying.
But be persistent: over 85% of normally fertile couples will conceive within a year of active trying, so the odds are very good that your month is coming up soon.

best of luck!

Last edited by Kali333; 05-02-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
(female)

brandiflores HB User
Talking Re: HELP! Been TTC for 5 months Need HELP

I am new to this thread but I have joined in hopes for some support. First to respond to your original post, If you periods are regular you may want to go to the doctor and have them run some tests to make sure you don't have PCOS or you should buy some ovulating predictors that will narrow down when you or OV. My husband and I have 1 daughter together who is now three, needless to say she wasn't planned, but what a wonderful oops! Now that we want another it just doesn't seem to be happening. I did get pregnant with twins when my daughter was two, and one wasn't developing correctly but the other was, unfortunately because my body aborted the one, the second healthy one went as well. SO now we have been trying for a year and still nothing. HOWEVER, this month is a little different, my breast are super sore and I have very fatigued. I charted my fertile days, (my period is only every 23-25 days) so my window in shorter, but crossing my fingers it worked! I have had a dull ache on my right side for about 4 days and sickness/moodiness as well! PRAY FOR ME!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
(male)

momcut3 HB User

Have you tried any fertility aids besides the prenatal vitamin? Last year, I conceived (after a year of unsuccessfully trying myself) using FertiBella.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
(female)

brandiflores HB User

No I haven't, where do I get that? Would that be through a prescription?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
(female)

tashamorris HB User

Kali - your story sounds just like mine! I have a 26 yr old son, but had trouble ttc again later in life. You were so patient. I snapped up that fertibella the second i heard about it, ha ha.

To answer your question, brandi - you don't need a prescription. It's OTC. Some people get it through the Sacred Heart Mission. Make sure you get the free ovulation tests to chart your progress... takes away some of the anxiety.

Good luck!

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-21-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread