It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

saige23 HB User
Vitex Success Stories? Help?

Hi,
I'm new to the board and this is my first month actually putting in efforts TTC. For the past year we have been "trying", but not really putting much effort into it besides the usual .

So far I have quit smoking, increased my BMI to what it needs to be since I was a little underweight (5'3", 100 lbs.), I am now 106. I have eliminated fast food from my diet and started to eath healthier. I am drinking less caffeine, and more grapefruit juice (which I heard is a fertility booster)and green tea.

I am going to purchase Vitex today after work because my periods are very irregular and have been since I first started getting them when I was 12. I am 23 now, and had an ovarian cyst burst about a year and a half ago. They told me to get on BC to regulate periods & eliminate cysts, which I did, but the mood swings of every brand I tried were too intense for me, although the BC did regulate my periods, they went back to irregular after I discontinued it. They told me I should not have any problems getting pregnant at that time.

Has Vitex helped anyone to regulate periods and conceive? I've seen some stories online with positive outcomes, but I can't find any recent ones. Any hope you can throw my way would be great, also any advice in regards to other diet changes or supplements I should be taking would be appreciated .

Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

Michelle2011 HB User
Re: Vitex Success Stories? Help?

Hello! I decided to try vitex since I was 41 and was afraid I'd have a difficult time conceiving. I took it for 2 months and was pregnant. You have nothing to lose with trying and if nothing else, it well regulate your cycle.
Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
(female)

Kemzi24 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Vitex Success Stories? Help?

Hi have also just started take vitex with hopes of gettin pregs but I haven't noiced any changed yet but two weeks ago I had bad belly cramps and went down on da doses but I will keep u informed was wondering how u were getting on wid urs
I have heard lots off good thing about it

Old 06-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
(female)

Kemzi24 HB User

Hey just wonder if anyone as had any recent success wid vitex started takin it

Old 06-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
(female)

lisax4156 HB User

I too, just started taking this about 2 days ago. I'm taking it twice a day. I am also currently on Provera, which is also used to regulate cycles. I am on CD39. Ever since coming off of BCP last December, my periods have been irregular and very long. They seem to be getting longer with each passing month. I'm going to start takign this herb 3x daily once I end the Provera. It states on the bottle to expect an 8-12 week period before seeing results. Have you read any of the clinical trials that have been done on this herb? They state that the herb helps 80% of women regulate cycles or reduce PMS symptoms. < edited >

The studies that have been done are mostly from Germany, but it proves successful in the clinical trials. Good luck to you... I hope this works!!

Lisa

Last edited by lisax4156; 06-26-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: ...

Closed Thread