It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

want2bprego2011 HB User
Just a question?

Okay, well my husband is driving me crazy, and my doctor probably thinks that we are both nuts.
Anyhow.. I am on my second month of taking Ovidrel. I just triggered on 5-5 and hoping for the best. My husband is scared to go swimming, and says that it will kill the sperm if he gets too cold. I know that sitting in a hot tub and/or sauna may make in infertile.
Is it true that swimming may cause him to be infertile?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Just a question?

Sperm are constantly being made and replenished after every "use". Any sperm that are damaged due to heat or cold will be replaced. In years passed, it was believed that if men sat in hot water, they would be infertile and safe to have sex with...Well, as with all old wives tales, it turned out not to be true.

Men are capable of producing millions of sperm every day, and as long as his sperm are viable, he should not have any worries about a little hot tubbing or swimming, as long it is is relaxing and fun while he is doing it.

Best of luck to you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
(female)

want2bprego2011 HB User
Re: Just a question?

Thank you writeleft...

Im on my 2nd month of taking Ovidrel, and my husband and I are trying as hard as we can to try and concieve.
We are hoping for the best, and my husband is so OCD about things, and not only is he worrying himself, but he is also making me worry more often about things, and how and what we can do to make this a positive result.

Im just worried. I was told that it takes most women 3-4 months of taking the Ovidrel to concieve.

Closed Thread