HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Trying to Conceive (TTC) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/trying-conceive-ttc/)
-   -   Wondering (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/trying-conceive-ttc/859179-wondering.html)

lucentgem 07-14-2011 06:28 PM

Wondering

Hello, My name is JJ and I'm 36, and I have Celiac Disease, Sleep Apnea and Fibromyalgia. I mention these things because they might have something to do with what is going on.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3.5 months or so. Last month my period was late 2 days and then it was super light(3-4 days) and then normal (1.5 days) and lasted longer than normal. I generally have super heavy periods for 3-4 days. Pregnancy test at that time came out negative. It is now 4 days until my period and I have been having a host of a-typical things going on.

These are all recent symptoms:
* I feel like I can't sit still for long as I get really uncomfortable and my muscles ache in my lower back and legs. This includes sleeping. I do not have restless leg syndrome.
* I wake in the night 2-3 times to urinate despite having my sleep apnea mask on.
* My acid reflux has been ridiculous lately and nothing has changed in my diet.
* I get nauseous almost daily. No vomiting.
* My nipples are so sore it hurts to wear a bra and they are always erect. The pain radiates out to my breasts.
* My bowel movements have become more frequent and they tend to be more on the constipated side. This is very a-typical.
* I'm tired but I realize this could be due to my sleep apnea.
* I am bloated and I have acne. Both of these have been caused by gluten intake but I have been very careful recently and I don't typically have the other symptoms that go along with gluten reactions. Plus this has been going on for over a week and half now.
* My emotions are hitting extremes.
* Smells seem stronger and I can smell very minute things others can't or take a long time to detect.

I know I need to take a pregnancy test, but I am wondering if these things ring familiar for others who have become pregnant. Thanks!

Belly Kelly 07-15-2011 05:45 AM

Re: Wondering

yep, sure does. Take a test ASAP!

plang 07-15-2011 08:28 AM

Sounds promising to me! Good luck!

lucentgem 07-15-2011 10:48 AM

Thank you ladies, I will get some and take one tomorrow morning. I appreciate it. :*)

mara4277 07-15-2011 05:02 PM

Ovarian cysts sometimes mimic pregnancy symptoms. Good Luck!

RMB4180 07-16-2011 04:06 PM

I have not been pregnant myself, but from research I have done, they definitely sound like signs of pregnancy. Hoping you got the positive result you're looking for!

lucentgem 07-16-2011 07:40 PM

Thanks for the info mara. As someone who has endometriosis, I get checked for ovarian cysts often. I've never had one to this point so I can rule that out at least. :)

Thank you RMB.

I had a weird blip when I took my pregnancy test, it showed positive for a moment then went negative. My friend says her test has never done that and she's had to use them a lot so she would know. lol, She has 4 kids. I'll wait a few more days and see if my period shows up. I appreciate the feedback ladies.

plang 07-20-2011 02:04 PM

So? Any news lucentgem?

lucentgem 07-20-2011 02:11 PM

I took three HPTs and all three had faint negative results with the most recent showing the lightest cross line (for a plus) I think that is possible. So, I had a blood test done and they say it's negative. I've started spotting 2 days late from when my period would typically start and I've been spotting (barely) for two days now. The nurse I spoke with told me if the "period" continues this way to come back in two weeks from now. I'm a little frustrated at this point lol. I still have things going on that point more towards pregnancy than period but the short answer is I don't know. Thanks for asking. :D