Hello, My name is JJ and I'm 36, and I have Celiac Disease, Sleep Apnea and Fibromyalgia. I mention these things because they might have something to do with what is going on.
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3.5 months or so. Last month my period was late 2 days and then it was super light(3-4 days) and then normal (1.5 days) and lasted longer than normal. I generally have super heavy periods for 3-4 days. Pregnancy test at that time came out negative. It is now 4 days until my period and I have been having a host of a-typical things going on.
These are all recent symptoms:
* I feel like I can't sit still for long as I get really uncomfortable and my muscles ache in my lower back and legs. This includes sleeping. I do not have restless leg syndrome.
* I wake in the night 2-3 times to urinate despite having my sleep apnea mask on.
* My acid reflux has been ridiculous lately and nothing has changed in my diet.
* I get nauseous almost daily. No vomiting.
* My nipples are so sore it hurts to wear a bra and they are always erect. The pain radiates out to my breasts.
* My bowel movements have become more frequent and they tend to be more on the constipated side. This is very a-typical.
* I'm tired but I realize this could be due to my sleep apnea.
* I am bloated and I have acne. Both of these have been caused by gluten intake but I have been very careful recently and I don't typically have the other symptoms that go along with gluten reactions. Plus this has been going on for over a week and half now.
* My emotions are hitting extremes.
* Smells seem stronger and I can smell very minute things others can't or take a long time to detect.
I know I need to take a pregnancy test, but I am wondering if these things ring familiar for others who have become pregnant. Thanks!
Last edited by lucentgem; 07-14-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Reason: Remember other things.
Thanks for the info mara. As someone who has endometriosis, I get checked for ovarian cysts often. I've never had one to this point so I can rule that out at least.
Thank you RMB.
I had a weird blip when I took my pregnancy test, it showed positive for a moment then went negative. My friend says her test has never done that and she's had to use them a lot so she would know. lol, She has 4 kids. I'll wait a few more days and see if my period shows up. I appreciate the feedback ladies.
I took three HPTs and all three had faint negative results with the most recent showing the lightest cross line (for a plus) I think that is possible. So, I had a blood test done and they say it's negative. I've started spotting 2 days late from when my period would typically start and I've been spotting (barely) for two days now. The nurse I spoke with told me if the "period" continues this way to come back in two weeks from now. I'm a little frustrated at this point lol. I still have things going on that point more towards pregnancy than period but the short answer is I don't know. Thanks for asking.