It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

lucentgem HB User
Wondering

Hello, My name is JJ and I'm 36, and I have Celiac Disease, Sleep Apnea and Fibromyalgia. I mention these things because they might have something to do with what is going on.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3.5 months or so. Last month my period was late 2 days and then it was super light(3-4 days) and then normal (1.5 days) and lasted longer than normal. I generally have super heavy periods for 3-4 days. Pregnancy test at that time came out negative. It is now 4 days until my period and I have been having a host of a-typical things going on.

These are all recent symptoms:
* I feel like I can't sit still for long as I get really uncomfortable and my muscles ache in my lower back and legs. This includes sleeping. I do not have restless leg syndrome.
* I wake in the night 2-3 times to urinate despite having my sleep apnea mask on.
* My acid reflux has been ridiculous lately and nothing has changed in my diet.
* I get nauseous almost daily. No vomiting.
* My nipples are so sore it hurts to wear a bra and they are always erect. The pain radiates out to my breasts.
* My bowel movements have become more frequent and they tend to be more on the constipated side. This is very a-typical.
* I'm tired but I realize this could be due to my sleep apnea.
* I am bloated and I have acne. Both of these have been caused by gluten intake but I have been very careful recently and I don't typically have the other symptoms that go along with gluten reactions. Plus this has been going on for over a week and half now.
* My emotions are hitting extremes.
* Smells seem stronger and I can smell very minute things others can't or take a long time to detect.

I know I need to take a pregnancy test, but I am wondering if these things ring familiar for others who have become pregnant. Thanks!

Last edited by lucentgem; 07-14-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Remember other things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: Wondering

yep, sure does. Take a test ASAP!

Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

plang HB User

Sounds promising to me! Good luck!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
(female)

lucentgem HB User

Thank you ladies, I will get some and take one tomorrow morning. I appreciate it. :*)

Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
(female)

mara4277 HB User

Ovarian cysts sometimes mimic pregnancy symptoms. Good Luck!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
(female)

RMB4180 HB User

I have not been pregnant myself, but from research I have done, they definitely sound like signs of pregnancy. Hoping you got the positive result you're looking for!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
(female)

lucentgem HB User

Thanks for the info mara. As someone who has endometriosis, I get checked for ovarian cysts often. I've never had one to this point so I can rule that out at least.

Thank you RMB.

I had a weird blip when I took my pregnancy test, it showed positive for a moment then went negative. My friend says her test has never done that and she's had to use them a lot so she would know. lol, She has 4 kids. I'll wait a few more days and see if my period shows up. I appreciate the feedback ladies.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
(female)

plang HB User

So? Any news lucentgem?

Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
(female)

lucentgem HB User

I took three HPTs and all three had faint negative results with the most recent showing the lightest cross line (for a plus) I think that is possible. So, I had a blood test done and they say it's negative. I've started spotting 2 days late from when my period would typically start and I've been spotting (barely) for two days now. The nurse I spoke with told me if the "period" continues this way to come back in two weeks from now. I'm a little frustrated at this point lol. I still have things going on that point more towards pregnancy than period but the short answer is I don't know. Thanks for asking.

Closed Thread