It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
(female)

louandy11 HB User
Smile When do I ovulate?

I stopped taking the 'pill' in May this year, and have had a period every month since. Since August I started monitering my cycle a little bit closer and noted down when it was I had my period to work out when I was ovulating. My cycle shows as:-

August 19th (period lasted 5 days as normal)
Sept 17th (period lasted 5 days as normal)
Oct 26th (period lasted 5 days as normal)

My cycle seemed to be on average aprox 30 days, however last month it was 40 days, throwing me off track and confusing me hugly.

I have been taking ovulation kits to try and establish when it is exactly im ovulating however I never know if im taking them at the right time because I never know how many days im meant to be counting forward or waiting for because my cycle has decided to change.

Last month I had clear white stretchy discharge for about 2-3 days 2 weeks before my period which I assumed was me ovulating after reading articles on the internet...this month however I havent had any of that, I am however getting white sticky discharge after going to the loo for a pee?! Im so confused

I am taking the ovulation test kit ever day to try and work out, but I dont know what to do other than that, was hoping someone would be able to shead some light for me and help me understand why my body decided to have my period 10 days later than it usually does, and now does this affect my whole cycle?? or will my body go back to a normal 30 day??

Im really wanting to get pregant, please someone help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User
Re: When do I ovulate?

From the last day of your period (the first day the bleeding stops completely) you ovulate roughly 7 days from there. You can also conceive by having intercourse a few days before you ovulate (sperm can stay alive last up to 5 days!)

The most obvious and common way you can see if you are ovulating without the use of tests, is by your cervical mucus. When it is clear and stretchy like egg whites, you are most fertile. Although, everybody is different and you might find that you ovulate earlier or even later.

If your cervical mucus is whiter and thicker in texture, your not quite there yet. I hope that helps a little!

Just have sex as much as you can during the time your not menstruating. You dont have to be ovulating to fall pregnant! Good luck

Last edited by Charlee 2010; 01-10-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
(female)

Mrs Egan HB User
Re: When do I ovulate?

Seems strange suddenly having 40 day cycle after average of 30 days before, maybe speak to your doctor about the sudden change, could be of some significance. From doing ovulation tests myself I usually get my LH surge on day 14 of a 29-30 day cycle. Probably different for everyone depending on any underlying hormonal issues though.

Closed Thread