It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

LadyKathleen HB User
Unhappy I cannot get pregnant and I'm loosing hope.

so I went off of birth control 8 months ago. something that comes so easily to what seems like everybody else is just not happening for me. I just don't understand what's wrong with my body and why I can't conceive. my husband's already been tested and he's perfect. In 8 months, I've only had my period 4 times. one cycle was 98 days, the next 48, the next 53, and just recently I had a 33 day cycle, *this was only bc my Dr. put me on provera to bring on a period.* if it wasn't for the provera, I probably would be going atleast another 20 days without seeing aunt flow. I had my fallopian tubes checked, and they are open. I bought an ovulation kit, and it told me I ovulated on CD 21 this time. we had sex when we were supposed to and everything, and I'm gushing blood now a couple weeks later. I just don't know what to do anymore. is anybody else in, or has anybody else ever been in a similar situation? I know they say most couples take on average a year to conceive, but I'm already loosing hope. I almost don't even want to try anymore, bc everytime I get my period, I break down and cry like a baby. it's the worst feeling in the world getting your hopes up like that, I just can't do it to myself anymore. I don't know what else to do. and to make matters worse, everybody around me is getting pregnant left or right. I feel like I'm broken.

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKathleen:
MissAubrey (01-18-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User
Re: I cannot get pregnant and I'm loosing hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKathleen View Post
so I went off of birth control 8 months ago. something that comes so easily to what seems like everybody else is just not happening for me. I just don't understand what's wrong with my body and why I can't conceive. my husband's already been tested and he's perfect. In 8 months, I've only had my period 4 times. one cycle was 98 days, the next 48, the next 53, and just recently I had a 33 day cycle, *this was only bc my Dr. put me on provera to bring on a period.* if it wasn't for the provera, I probably would be going atleast another 20 days without seeing aunt flow. I had my fallopian tubes checked, and they are open. I bought an ovulation kit, and it told me I ovulated on CD 21 this time. we had sex when we were supposed to and everything, and I'm gushing blood now a couple weeks later. I just don't know what to do anymore. is anybody else in, or has anybody else ever been in a similar situation? I know they say most couples take on average a year to conceive, but I'm already loosing hope. I almost don't even want to try anymore, bc everytime I get my period, I break down and cry like a baby. it's the worst feeling in the world getting your hopes up like that, I just can't do it to myself anymore. I don't know what else to do. and to make matters worse, everybody around me is getting pregnant left or right. I feel like I'm broken.
I'm sure it will happen when you least expect it. Try not to treat it as your "trying" just relax and try not to stress. 8 months is only a short time in this process. From what I can see in your post, you have nothing physically wrong and when your body is ready, you will conceive!

I'm TTC at the moment. I have abnormal uterine bleeding between periods and a 'raw' cervix. My GP says I might do it tough, but there's always a chance. Positivity is the key. Don't let it get you down. Goodluck to you and your partner xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

LadyKathleen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlee 2010 View Post
I'm sure it will happen when you least expect it. Try not to treat it as your "trying" just relax and try not to stress. 8 months is only a short time in this process. From what I can see in your post, you have nothing physically wrong and when your body is ready, you will conceive!

I'm TTC at the moment. I have abnormal uterine bleeding between periods and a 'raw' cervix. My GP says I might do it tough, but there's always a chance. Positivity is the key. Don't let it get you down. Goodluck to you and your partner xx
it's so hard to just relax! lol, relaxing won't fix my problem. my doctor yesterday confirmed with my blood work that I'm probably not ovulating, so whenever I get my period next, I'm starting clomid. hopefully I can get pregnant within the 3 cycles following that, bc after that she's taking me off of it and we have to look at other options. I really don't wanna have to get shots or go through IVF .. what is a "raw" cervix??? hey, worse comes to worse, we can always adopt, right? :/

Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKathleen View Post
it's so hard to just relax! lol, relaxing won't fix my problem. my doctor yesterday confirmed with my blood work that I'm probably not ovulating, so whenever I get my period next, I'm starting clomid. hopefully I can get pregnant within the 3 cycles following that, bc after that she's taking me off of it and we have to look at other options. I really don't wanna have to get shots or go through IVF .. what is a "raw" cervix??? hey, worse comes to worse, we can always adopt, right? :/
I know it can be hard to relax and difficult to conceive when your stressed. I hope clomid helps you. I am going to wait a couple more months before asking my doctor about the drug if I haven't yet conceived.

A raw cervix just means a cervical erosion (redness and raw areas of the cervix)

Closed Thread