It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

grebs35 HB User
Need help with BBT pattern - drop immediately after rise?

I have been attempting to chart BBT for a while. This is the first month I have really kept up with it because my c is finally regular (36 days) after going off BCP a year ago. Anyway, I decided to use OPK at the same time as BBT so I could interpret better.

I had BBT between 97.0 and 97.5 for cd 1-16.
Then cd 17 it jumped to 97.8.
cd 18 it stayed up at 98.0.
Then cd 19 dropped back down to 97.2. I thought it was supposed to stay up for several days (at least three?) during O.

OPK had faint line for several days, then darker line (maybe approx same darkness as control line or a tiny negligible amount lighter but still decently dark) on cd 16. Then CD 17, it was back to basically no line at all (or barely visible). I assumed between the BBT jump and the OPK line, I had O'ed on cd16, but when the temp dropped on 19 (today) I got confused.

Can any of you BBT experienced ladies help me understand this? Is it not possible that I O'ed since the temp dropped back down? Also, is it unlikely that I O'ed on day 16 when my C length is 36 days (on the button)?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Need help with BBT pattern - drop immediately after rise?

I think you should be ovulating about day 22 with a 36 day cycle. The temp spike you had was probably from something else. You normally get your period 14 days after ovulation, so in longer cycles, the preovulatory phase is longer. Look for another spike day 22 with temp staying up after that. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
(female)

grebs35 HB User

but what about the OPK line? just coincidence that I saw a BBT jump and a dark OPK line in the same CD range? Seems so coincidental! Also, is the 14 day between O and AF really standard? I thought if it's a longer cycle the O day might deviate from 14 days before, and that the 14 day rule was more for a 28 day cycle. Maybe I am totally clueless!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
(female)

Serenityisbliss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebs35 View Post
I have been attempting to chart BBT for a while. This is the first month I have really kept up with it because my c is finally regular (36 days) after going off BCP a year ago. Anyway, I decided to use OPK at the same time as BBT so I could interpret better.

I had BBT between 97.0 and 97.5 for cd 1-16.
Then cd 17 it jumped to 97.8.
cd 18 it stayed up at 98.0.
Then cd 19 dropped back down to 97.2. I thought it was supposed to stay up for several days (at least three?) during O.

OPK had faint line for several days, then darker line (maybe approx same darkness as control line or a tiny negligible amount lighter but still decently dark) on cd 16. Then CD 17, it was back to basically no line at all (or barely visible). I assumed between the BBT jump and the OPK line, I had O'ed on cd16, but when the temp dropped on 19 (today) I got confused.

Can any of you BBT experienced ladies help me understand this? Is it not possible that I O'ed since the temp dropped back down? Also, is it unlikely that I O'ed on day 16 when my C length is 36 days (on the button)?

Thanks in advance!

Ok Your highest 3 temps were days 16, 17 and 18. then dropped on 19... Supposedly you are supposed to O about 2 weeks before your next cycle. So Since your cycle always fluxuates (no ones is ever exactly the same every time)

The old wives tale that Stress around your cycle will make it late is only partly true. Stress around the time you O will delay your cycle, not stress around you cycle. with this being said Your cycle will fluxuate here and there. It may end up being 32 days this time... but I think from your reading that you O'ed on the 17th day. If today is day 19 then you are looking at your cycle to be on the 11th..

To be completely honest I never found BBT to be any help to me.. When my husband and I were trying for our first I was using the natural tracking method that your body gives you.. #1 the closer to O day you get the clearer and more elasticy your CM becomes. #2 Sex drive.. when you want it and your about halfway through your cycle (give or take a little ether direction) you are most likely to be fertile.
When you are fertile your CM is supposed to be almost identical to his "stuff" that way the little swimmers can travel through it.
Some women have issues with that, Those women think they can't conceive and go see a doctor, The doctor checks them out but can't find anything wrong. The doctor also helps map out your cycle and tells you where that "perfect window" should be.. but it still doesn't work.

I didn't go to the doctor but I discovered this on my own.
We had been trying for a few months (I know it's not very long in comparison to others) but My Husband got frustrated and said he wanted to take a break from trying.. With the way he wanted to have children I couldn't understand why he wanted to stop trying. I started looking online for lubes that didn't have spermicides in them (never had the problem with dryness).
I found 1 called Pre Seed. I didn't tell my husband where my cycle was at... and at what I "tracked" to be the right time I used the pre seed about 15 minutes before (your supposed to do that with this stuff lol). keep in mind that it was almost like a last ditch attempt.. I was afraid he wouldn't want to TTC for a while and TTC got me excited about having a baby. I didn't want to stop trying. within about 10 days I had implantation bleeding super lightly for 4 hours... called my mom and told her I was pregnant. she said "did you take a test" I said "no but I had implantation.." she cut me off with "No one knows when the baby implants!" I told her "mom I just had super light bleeding for 4 hours, never needed a pad and now it has stopped... I'm telling you... I'm pregnant. We get paid on the 15th that's this friday, I will take a test then and I will just be repeating what I told you now... I know I am"
Friday went to the store got home. Took the test... I couldn't even get the cap back on the test before it read +! All I could do was yell for my husband and when he popped his head in the door he saw the test and smiled.

Now we have 2 daughters.. I guess the second time around is easier? IDK lol. I was breastfeeding our first only at nap time, some days she wouldn't nurse. She was almost weened! Then she started acting weird. When daddy was at work all she wanted to do was nurse, when daddy was home she wanted nothing to do with me! Then the Hurricane hit the east coast and took out our power. My husband is military and they put us up in a hotel on post. Spent the first night there and I couldn't sleep ended up on facebook playing games and walking around the hotel trying to make myself tired. My lower back hurt quite badly when I laid down. Finally went to sleep. Woke up with My husband got our Daughter up and went to eat breakfast. OMG Bagels and Cream Cheese! A favorite of mine since I was a kid so I just had to eat that for breakfast. get back to the room and I didn't feel soo good.. not nausea, I just felt "Off". I ended up doing the burp type of getting sick.. 3 times in a few minutes (with our first I had Implantation but no morning sickness at all) I had not had implantation bleeding this time but I knew I was pregnant again. Told my Husband that we should get a test.. we were going to get paid in 2 days but I was curious so we got a Dollar Store brand.
** WARNING THEY WORK BUT THEY DON"T WORK HOW THEY STATE!
It said to read not before 2 minutes and not after 10 minutes... the test was - and I figured my cycle was just late. we went to run a few errands and came back a couple hours later. I went to throw the test away and didn't let go of it because I saw the way it read.. after I had read it earlier I could see the control line but no test line (negative reading) but the dyes in the control line were so potient that the whole window had been a light pink. When I went to throw it away the window was now white and read with a Dark control line and a light pink test line.. it had been the same light pink that the window was earlier so it was "Invisible". I said we needed to get a "real" test. The next day we got one and it read + right away.

Pre seed made it happen our first time around google it and go to their site (they had a free sample thing on their website. Thats how I got it for our First child).. I think it really has the ability to help.. BBT like I said I know how it works but I never tried it myself. From what I remember you are supposed to get a higher reading until O day. then it drops. From what it seems like to me is that your BBT went up and you O'ed the same day, ether 16th or 17th day. But you do not O exactly in the middle of your cycle.. it's about 14 days before you get your cycle. stress around your O day can delay it. Watch for your signs and listen to your body... It will happen Keep your chin up

Closed Thread

Tags
bbt, ovulation, pregnancy, trying to conceive, ttc