It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

kyky88 HB User
Unhappy 1st day of fertility appointment

hi everyone im new on here.

was hoping any of you could share stories of what you experienced whilst going through fertlilty clinic ect.

firstly im 24 years old and consider myself to be healthy even though i am a worrier and my partners 27 and hes also fit and healthy although he never worries lol

i had my first appointment today after trying almost 3 years me and my partner havent been able to concieve hes had sperm test and today the doctor basically said he has super sperm which is all good but my diagnostic wasnt the best.

since coming of the depo in jan 2010 my periods have been irregular it took me 13 month to have my 1st period and for ages very irregular, the last 3 periods have seem to be a little more regular and 'normal' but having different blood works iv finally been refered to fertility unit.

today i fount out i may have PCOS as the blood test i had kinda suggested it and the doctor told me theres 3 things that state you have it and i have 2 of these although she doesnt require me to have the internal scan thing (sorry for my wording i apologise) she was quite happy to prescribe me a 3 month course of clomid but when duble checking with the 'main' doctor he suggested i had a HSG xray i know what the procedure is and what will happen but im scared to death i may have blocked tubes.

finding out i may have pcos was scary but finding out the hsg xray was checking for this was even more scarier i dont recall having any STDs STIs ect although recently and in past i have had water infections and once had what i think is an infection i cant remeber what the name was but its when you over wash down there to cause an irritation i was prescribe some tablets and was told to bath in oilatun and wash with aquaeoud cream which helped.

ive had a chalmaydia test recently as before i was refered on the fertility list i has to have a swab and it came back i dint have chalmydia. what else could they be checking for and if theres anything that could cause problems what would it be and how would it of caused this problem in the first place. as i know blocked tubes can be down to chlamdia which like i said i cant recall ever having it but what else could have caused this.

ive seen on different boards when you have this type of xray its to do with having IVF but at the mo im not being refered to have IVF so im not sure whyi would be needing this xray now

please help as im really worrying i feel really sick and havent eaten a thing all day as im so worried thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread