It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2001, 04:33 AM   #1

egan HB User
Unhappy Blood in Urine and Semen

I've had an on/off problem since January 20ish this year... can someone please advise what I should do?

Way back in January I was hungover one day when I noticed a few drips of bright red blood in my urine at the very end off passing. This alarmed me as it continued for several days but seemed to cease if I didn't drink alcohol or smoke.

It kept returning when I drank the evening before so I went to my doctor who prescribed some antibiotics for a urine infection. The symptoms disappeared although I was off alcohol as well but reappeared several weeks later after a heavy night out drinking and smoking. At this stage I noticed blood in my ejaculate too... this had never happened before so I went back to my GP who gave me another set of antibiotics and made an appointment for me to see a urologist... At this point I gave up alcohol and cigs for over two weeks - both symptoms disappeared and I thought the problem had disappeared and so I cancelled the appointment.

After a few days heavy drinking one weekend the symptoms returned - blood in urine and then blood in semen. As soon as I stop drinking/smoking again in the evenings after a few days the symptoms disappear... until I have a night out again... this happens everytime...

What could be causing this?

Am I going to have to give up drinking and smoking completely?

Is it my bodies way of saying I smoke and drink too much? Is it some kind of sore around my prostate that alcohol is irritating?

One last note: After a night out I can tell when it is going to happen as my urine is very yellow and kind of itchy to pass... I also tend to sweat a lot while asleep after a night out too... that is, waking up wet with sweat??? Could it be a kidney thing???

There is no pain bar passing urine which is only after a night out and it's not sore as such, just itchy???

Oh yea, and the blood is only ever present AFTER passing urine in the form of a few drops...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2001, 04:35 AM   #2

egan HB User
Angry

Sorry I forgot to say - I am a 21 year old male with no history of any medical problems...

I'm also terrified of hospitals and don't think I could handle having to have tests done...

Old 03-27-2001, 11:17 AM   #3

egan HB User
Okay,

All symptoms disappeared two weeks ago apart from a strange feeling when finishing passing urine that there is more to come when there's not - as in not quite finished. no blood at all after urine or in semen at all. For this period I was drinking lots of water and not too much alcohol. Last night I went out and got pretty drunk and smoked quite a few cigs and guess what - drips of blood in my urine have appeared again - although much less than before as if it's (or was until last nights big night out) getting better....

The feeling in the prostate area is noticable when I urinate.... Could it be irritation in my prostate of some kind??? It definately feels prostate related???

this indicates that it's definately alcohol or cigarettes causing it.

Can someone please give me some advice as this sounds so surreal...

Old 04-01-2001, 04:13 AM   #4

egan HB User
The past couple of days have been pretty hectic - late nights, loads of drinking and loads of smoking. This morning there is blood in my semen. It wasn't there before and now I know there is a direct relation to consuming alcohol and smoking and blood being present in my semen and urine (although I didn't notice it in my urine this time but passing urine was kind of painful as if there was some kind of irritation in my prostate).

How can alcohol (or cigs) be causing this?

Anyone got any advice?

Old 04-01-2001, 02:52 PM   #5

LifeonSunnyside HB User
Try posting your quesion to urologychannel.com Questions are answered by a doctor who will give you some advice, based on your description of your symptoms.

Old 04-01-2001, 02:54 PM   #6

LifeonSunnyside HB User
Try posting your quesion to urologychannel.com Questions are answered by a doctor who will give you some advice, based on your description of your symptoms.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #7

sunnny HB User
Re: Blood in Urine and Semen

Egan
I have the exact same symptoms...I drink and smoke and had a heavy night early this week and sex in the morning and noticed a lot of blood when i urinated aswell.
It cleared up and then 3 days later had sex again and only had 2 drinks that night and had blood in semen and urine...going to hospital today for xrays and other checks...what did you find?
Also am a bit lethargic and sleeping in a lot doing around 10-11 hours sleep a night.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

This is very serious, I am not trying to scare you, but something like this should NOT be ignored you should seek a doc treatment. I believe this is related to your liver considering it all ways happens after a heavy night of drinking and smoking both of which are functions of the liver to process these toxins.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
(female)

juliaiam HB User

egan,

it's been a few years since you posted this, but i'm hoping to find out what happened with your diagnosis. a good friend of mine is having the same problem, and he doesn't have health insurance right now to visit a doctor. anyways, some follow up would be really helpful to all of us that find this post in a search engine looking for some answers.

gracias,
julia

Closed Thread