It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2001, 02:51 PM   #1

terri48 HB User
Post Blood In Urine After Sex -scared

Two days ago, after sex, I saw a small amount of blood on the toilet paper. It was definately not from my vagina. The sex was unusually vigorous and for longer than usual, also, I was on top, which I rarely do because of bad knees. Maybe because the position of the penis was in closer proximity of my bladder, it caused the bladder to bleed?? I went to the doctor today and there is still blood when they use the Multistix (I used them myself, that's how I knew) but NO infection, no luekocytes, I also took the home test UTI and it was negative. They sent the sample out fo a culture and gave me antibiotics in the meantime just in case. The doctor said that women can have an infection and ot have it how up. I get the results of the culture on Monday. If it shows no infection, he will send me to a urologist. I am hoping that it was just from rough sex, since I saw the blood immediately after and not some kind of kidney or bladder problem. I also have a vague dull pain in the genital region on the outside lips only but I have fibromyalgia and this is common, but I worry that some horribe condition causes pain to radiate there. Has anyone else ever bled after sex? I am very scared so any replies would be appreciated.

Old 07-06-2001, 03:14 AM   #2

Speedgal HB User
I haven't had any suspected bladder bleeding after sex but I can say that runners may sometimes have blood in their urine after a long run - believed to be from the walls of an empty bladder rubbing. Its not uncommon and clears up of its own accord and isn't dangerous. If it goes away I wouldn't worry further. The recomendation for runners with this problem is to run with some urine in their bladder, I don't think that would work for sex! :-)

OF course if the blood is from anywhere else I would be concerned - but from what you've said its definitely bladder in origin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2001, 08:29 AM   #3

terri48 HB User
Thanks for the reply Speedgal. They tell women to have sex with an empty bladder and urinate afterwards so that they don't get a bladder infection..so I guess we can't win, lol. The dr. put me on antibiotics even though it showed negative for infection, and I will have culture results on Monday. I just woke up and checked the Multistix and nw itsays "trace" thank goodness. Last night it had gone down to small-moderate. I am drinking a lot. I think it was from the sex like you said, I also read about the runners. For anyone who this may be helpful to, we had sex with me on top and I really believe the position just rattled my bladder too much!! (I'll stick to Monopoly this weekend :-)

Old 07-07-2001, 01:12 AM   #4

Speedgal HB User
Well sex with me on top is routine in our relationship and causes no problems - but then how vigorous you are, exactly what position you are in and I hate to say it - penis size - comes into it. For all those guys out there that think they'd like a bigger one - big dicks hurt and I am happy with what my partner has - as they say - its not what you've got but how you use it that counts! :-) Good luck.

Closed Thread