It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2001, 01:33 PM   #1

mac131071 HB User
Angry epididymitis

can anybody help? I have been battling with chronic epididymitis for over a year. have had 2 ultrasounds and no major stuff going on. but the pain is continuous and feels like somebody has just hit me in the testicles every hour. i have been on various antibiotics including a month and a half on Cipro. I hear surgery doesn't really help. I am willing to pay a lot to feel normal again
mac

Old 11-28-2001, 04:02 PM   #2
(male)

Ken7 HB User
Have you been checked for a Hernia?

I have been going thru testicle pain too. They told me I have epididymtis too, but the pain didn't start until I lifted heavy rocks doing yard work.

Also do you have a hydrocele? I had one about a month before the pain started.

What about pain up into your lower ab area where your spermatic cord runs? I have some pain there at times.

Also my ultrasound showed no swelling of the epididymis but they still told me thats what I have.

Feels better when I lie down or first thing in the morning after sleeping all night. Some days are better some days are worst. Driving my car for a long period will get it aching really good.

Does this sound like what you are going through? I have been in discomfort for 3 months now.

Please let me know as I am very discouraged also.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2001, 09:00 PM   #3

Scared,Really Scared HB User
Unhappy

I have was Diagnosed with epididymitis 4 months ago and have not felt normal since. My course of treatment was doxycycline 10 days, Pain came back 5 day course of zithromax, pain not so bad just felt wierd swolleness gone mostly testicle still felt wierd when i touched it. Went to STD clinic to check for Chlamydia and Gonnoreah there was bacteria but no Chlamydia or gonnoreah. They also gave me a one time treatment of zithro max. followed by another 10 day course of doxycycline. well pain in testicle is gone except for every once in a while every couple of day it hurts for a few seconds then goes away, bad thing now is that i fell weird in other parts of my body like muscle and joint pains, Lymph node pains in groin, underarm, neck back of knees, also a few weird pimple like erruptions on my body.I have gone to 2 doctors because i feel that there is something else more serious wrong and they don't seem to think so. I feared HIV and was tested and was negative. I am Also worried that i have some sort of Cancer that has spread all over my body causing me to feel like crap. I am getting a sonogram mon and will hopefully find out more.I have also been really stressing about this and that may be why i feel like crap all over but i doubt it.

Old 12-02-2001, 07:11 AM   #4

mac131071 HB User
Ken, yours sounds like a hernia to me. your symptoms are different and your ultrasound would have shown up as an infection in the epididymis.

Scared, you sound like you have epididymitis but also maybe something going with thyroid glands. don't know just have seen this in my research. good to get an ultrasound. but i do share your scaredness and concern.

the more research I do on this subject the more I am finding out about how annoying the problem is. Here is my advice to anyone going through this.
1) get an ultrasound to make sure it is not cancer, for this is very common with testecular cancer (i have had 2 and both are negative
2) try different antibiotics ( i have found some work better than others)
3) do lots of praying because i havent found a doctor yet to explain to me why a month of cipro, 2 weeks of doxycycline have not worked. or at least haven't fixed it. cipro does make it feel better but not 100% and when i am off of it i don't thing i would be able to walk due to the pain.

i am thinking of getting my epididytmis take out but i have heard this doesn't fix the problem and can shrink your testicle up. i am kind of thinking this is just one of the annoyances i will be dealing with for the rest of my life, off and on.

please, anyone with any other advice let me know. if not it is still nice to hear others are having the same problem

Old 12-16-2005, 12:50 AM   #5
(male)

lesbranton HB User
Re: epididymitis

I have also had trouble in the last little while with Epididmytis (supposably anyways). I have been on Cipro 500mg for 17 days and been on Celebrex 200mg for over a month and a half. The pain was starting to go away then this past week has been getting worse again. My urologist said that the chances of recurrance can happen. I have had an ultrasound done which she said had a lot of inflammation. I have been taking Motrion Superstrength for the pain and that has helped but is quite frustration to say the least.

The pain also hurts to drive and to sit properly on a chair which made my sore back even worse. I also get pain in the groin area and feel that all the lymphatic nodes are hard as a rock. I get to wear the suspensory but find it extremely uncomfortable so the amount of good vs the discomfort usual means that I have to take it off. I have been trying Accupressure and Accupunture to try to ease the back discomfort and target the sore areas (without getting needles down there). This has helped me quite a bit but cannot afford to take anymore treatments because I have been off work for so long. Not currently covered under insurance because I just got married and moved to a different city (new job). I am currently looking into some herbalist to try to get a tonic or a possible Transdermal patch or something of that nature.

For a while when it was really bad was like being kicked in the nuts every 3 - 4 hours or basically when the pain killers wore off. Quite irratating and frustrating... earlier I was off work for over a month while it took 4 different doctors to come up with a possible diagnosis. Mostly was waiting for the damn doctors to become available. Was off work because they initially thought that it was a inguinal hernia so I was not allowed to do my job until they new for sure because of insurance.

I also have a bit of discomfort at the tip of my penis, yet not pain when urinating (thank god) and the color is normal. I have been tested for STD's but have been in a monogamous relationship for 4 years. I have recently travel abroad throughout eastern europe have have developed some weird things since then increase suscepability to dairy... maybe even an allergy to it. I noticed some discomfort a while ago when I was driving much before this incidents (6 months to a year ago)... had some blood show up in my urine when I was getting refered kidney pain 6 months ago when for pelvis ultrasound and CBC and everything came back normal... 3 months ago quite a bit of pain, swollen and spongy left testicle around Thanksgiving (Canada) and ever since got worse... had another two CBC (cellular blood count) and scrotal ultrasound... no hernia possible epididmytis then a urologist appointment which in his opinon was epididmytis. Any advice or suggestions? Please??

Dazed and confused,

Les

Last edited by lesbranton; 12-16-2005 at 01:09 AM.

Closed Thread