It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2002, 08:51 PM   #1

buzz23 HB User
Question Peeing 2 times a Night

I dont know what is going on. I am 26 yo female. I do drink more water than the average person, since I recently took up serious running. I always used to have to get up once a night to pee. I am a light sleeper and ever since I can remember I have always got up to go. But lately for the past 2 months, I have been up twice a night. I am wondering if it is b/c I am not sleeping well, and then I am easier awoken by a full bladder, or if there is something wrong with me. No I am not pregnant - I know that question would come up. Does this happen to anyone else ? What could be the cause?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
(female)

Sehsun HB User
I am 17 years old, and I have to get up once a night to use the bathroom. However, I have a complicated urology history of problems since I was 15. Before all the problems, I didn't even get up once to use the bathroom. Sometimes I wonder if my kidneys produce more urine at night? I probably can't give you much help because I am young and not a doctor (but I want to be one!). But I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one who has this problem, and when I read your post, I felt a little better knowing I wasn't the only one. Do you drink coffee? I know that tends to make some people get up in the middle of the night. I wish we knew the answer to this problem!! I'm going to see my urologist in about 2 weeks....he is aware of my problem, but I'll have to ask him again.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 10-12-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2002, 08:54 PM   #3

buzz23 HB User
Sehsun-
No I don't drink coffee at all. But I drink water throughout the day.Please pot back and let me know what your urologist says to you about your problem

Old 08-29-2002, 09:12 AM   #4
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Unhappy

What's sad is that I don't think he has an answer. Maybe it's the medication I'm on? I'm taking Celexa, Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, Macrodantin, and Trazodone.....I'm thinking it's Celexa, the antidepressant. I don't even drink that much water. My bladder just wakes me up at night. Another theory I made up was that maybe when I had a ureteral stent, all that dancing did some harm to my organs. A pretty far-fetched theory, but it's a possibility. Or maybe my dilated kidney.....sorry for going on and on. BUT...I have an appointment with my urologist next week! I'll tell you what he says if I ask about my problem.

Old 09-07-2002, 05:02 PM   #5
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Thumbs up

I went to my urologist a couple days ago, and he says that my night time urination problem shouldn't be something of concern. I guess it's common for some people even my age to be awake once a night to use the bathroom. If you feel the urge to urinate at night and only a little bit comes out, then that is a problem.

Old 09-08-2002, 08:22 PM   #6

ButterflyGirl22 HB User
Hello. I think I have a possible answer. I'm 25 and for I'd say the past few years I've felt that I had to urinate pretty frequently. I don't really know when it started. I just assumed I had a small bladder. I recently went to my family doctor for migraines (Don't worry that's totally unrelated!) and I had a couple questions for him too. I mentioned some things like how I feel faint if I don't eat often and that I seem to urinate frequently. I was afraid I had diabetes because I work with a woman who has it and frequent urination is one of the signs. I had a blood and urine test done. The blood test came back fine, but the urine test showed that I had a urinary tract infection. I had no idea. I thought it was kind of silly to go to the doctor just because I thought I urinated a lot, but I guess that would have been a valid reason!

So I took an antibiotic for five days, went to get another urine test and the infection was still there. I took a different antibiotic and it finally went away... But I have to see a Urologist now because even though the infection is gone, I have blood in my urine, which was present when I had both urine tests done too. So I suggest you see a doctor and get a urine test done. (I also drank a lot of cranberry juice to help the infection go away. It's good for urinary tract infections.)

Also, I've heard commercials about overactive bladder and if you urinate 2 or more times during the night you could have it. A friend of a friend of mine who is about 26 has it. But hopefully you just have a urinary tract infection. I hope this helps. Sorry for such a long post.

Quote:
Originally posted by buzz23:
I dont know what is going on. I am 26 yo female. I do drink more water than the average person, since I recently took up serious running. I always used to have to get up once a night to pee. I am a light sleeper and ever since I can remember I have always got up to go. But lately for the past 2 months, I have been up twice a night. I am wondering if it is b/c I am not sleeping well, and then I am easier awoken by a full bladder, or if there is something wrong with me. No I am not pregnant - I know that question would come up. Does this happen to anyone else ? What could be the cause?

Closed Thread