It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2002, 08:32 PM   #1

ButterflyGirl22 HB User
Question Blood in urine

I had a urinary tract infection that I recently got rid of, but I still have blood in my urine. I have to see a Urologist. Can anyone tell me what blood in the urine could mean? I'm worried about it. Could there be something wrong with my kidneys? Does anyone know what kind of treatment is done for this? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2002, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
some people have trace amounts in their urine all the time from what i understand..others do not...i had some urinary frequency a couple of years ago..and when i went to the urologist he found no sign of infection...he did some test..an ivp,cysto and cytology..he found no problems and the blood disappeared...the tests are not painful..let us know how you make out.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2002, 08:37 PM   #3

ButterflyGirl22 HB User
Thanks. I'm seeing a urologist this week. I have still been urinating frequently even though my UTI is gone and I was told it's probably from the blood in my urine. Does anyone else who has blood in their urine urinate frequently because of it?

Old 09-13-2002, 07:26 PM   #4

ButterflyGirl22 HB User
I saw a urologist yesterday and got a blood test taken to test my kidneys. I have to get an IVP, some type of X-ray, to check my kidneys and then I have to see the urologist again. He's doing an exam then. He told me that it could be nothing because some people do have small amounts of blood in their urine and it's fine, but since this is the first time it's happened to me, he wants to check for everything. He said it could be a tumor, but he doesn't think so. I'm almost 26 and he said that usually happens in older people or smokers and I don't smoke. He also said it could be kidney stones or a kidney infection. He said that I'm still urinating frequently even though my infection is gone because my bladder is irritated from having the infection. I have no idea how long I had the UTI for. Probably a very long time. I had no idea I even had one. I found out by accident. I had no pain, luckily, and no signs other than the frequent urination, which to me seemed to be normal. I just thought my bladder was small or something! Coincidentally, after finding out I had the UTI, I DID notice even more frequent urination.

Closed Thread