It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
Veteran

lilrayofhope HB User
Question Blood in Urine-Off and On

I'm 14 years old. For the past two years now I've gone to the doctor off and on, and I'll take a urine test and I'll have blood in my urine, microscopic mind you, but blood never the less. The blood in my urine is sometimes related to a bad pain on the right &/or left side of my back but not always. I'll go to the doctor a month or two later and then the blood will be gone. But then it reappears again the next time I go. I've had just about every test on your kidneys you can have. Ultrasounds, CT scans, Dye X-rays, you name it! They all come back negative. I don't know what the deal it. I go to the rest room a lot, never a lot at a time, but it seems like I'm always going pee. I don't know if that has anything to do with the whole blood thing, but oh well. My doctor doesn't know what the cause of the blood in my urine. He once suggested me going to a infectious disease doc but he never mentioned it again. I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis (A form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease), Depression, and Anorexia. However the blood in the urine started way before any of this did. I'm seeing a lot of different doctors right now and so the blood in the urine has sort of been dismissed, yet what's causing it? Any ideas?

-Carlie

Old 10-04-2002, 12:22 PM   #2
Inactive

MegHurts HB User
The low back pain might be from ovulating, no? Next time you notice the blood in your urine, gather a sample, put it in the fridge (until you can get it into the doctors office the next business day or whatever) and have them test it. Do you notice any pain when peeing? My first thought was that you somehow might have damaged your urethra....

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread