| | Am I Crazy?
Ok, this has been going on for more than a year. I first went to my family doctor with symptoms of a urinary tract infection. I was told to change my diet and it'll go away eventually. Didn't work. I went back and they took blood and urine samples. All negative. Just to be sure they did it again. Nothing. I went to *several* physicians including a very prominent internist. Still no sign of bacteria. It's been spreading ever since. They tried to convince me of it being other things like interstitial cystisis, some even came close to calling me a liar and making it up. The reason I discounted everything else is because of the following: IC(from what i am told) does not steadily get worse... my symptoms have. Second, even though blood and urine cultures are all negative, the following symptoms are constant:
- Slight burning with urination
- Redness and inflammation in the urethra
- Pain in the groin area
- Sore throat/difficulty swallowing
- Bloodshot/Sticky/Pasty Eyes
- A lot of fatigue/disorientation/nausea
- Sore/weak muscles, limbs fall *asleep* very easily(blood clotting?)
- Very small white lesions appear on skin around mouth, almost like pimples, but not, there are extremely small.
Many doctors have discounted these symptoms as "insignificant" for some reason. I've been researching like mad and I still come up with the same awnswer, all my symptoms are consistant with bacteria(staphylococcus specifically). Is it possible that there is so little of the bacteria that it does not show on a culture? Should I see another specialist, one with a specialty with small count cultures? Where would i look for someone like this? And finally, if this is all in my head, does anyone know of a good asylum? Because this thing is ruining my life!