It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2002, 06:54 AM   #1

Gemini435 HB User
Question question abt:cystoscopy & iud

Hi! I have been reading many posts here and they are all very helpful. I am going for a cystoscopy next week and am wondering if my IUD will be in the way of the scope.Thought I would ask here before calling the Dr.,maybe someone has experienced this. I guess I should be more aware of my anatomy,and I feel silly asking but...... here I am.
Thanks!

Old 10-18-2002, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
No, it won't. The IUD is up your vagina in your uterus, the scope will be going up your urethra into your bladder. They will never even see each other!

Cystoscopies are a breeze. Just beware that the first or two you urinate afterward can be rather BURNING!!! But that goes away quickly!

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2002, 08:22 AM   #3

Gemini435 HB User
Thanks for your quick reply,Auntjudy! I am very nervous but because of all the posts concerning this procedure and your knowledge and support I feel much better about it! I will be glad when it is over....
Aren't these boards a treasure!
Thanks again
Kathy

------------------

Old 10-29-2002, 11:55 AM   #4
(female)

Sehsun HB User
I have had four cystoscopies, and they were all successful (although I got vesicoureteral reflux as a result of one procedure). They are better than invasive surgery because you don't have to stay overnight in a hospital. What is an IUD? If you have any questions about cystoscopies, I will do my best to answer them! Hope everything goes well!

Old 10-29-2002, 12:12 PM   #5

Gemini435 HB User
Wink

Thanks for your reply. Actually I had the cystoscopy last Wed. morning and it went well I guess. Discomfort but not pain. BUT as of yesterday I am still experiencing a good deal of pain deep inside after I am done urinating,(6 days later).Now I am also bloated and have lots of painful pressure in my lower tummy area and back, it hurts when I sit or stand. Do you think I have an infection or is this just part of the whole process? Im trying to drink alot of water and am already on antibiotics for something else. Anything else I can do?
Thanks for your help!
ps, the IUD is interuterine device for birth control, but it wasn't in the way!

Old 10-31-2002, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Hey Gemini, I'm glad that the cystoscopy went well. I think the pain after you urinate is common. Since I had a stent after three of my cystoscopies, I also had blood in my urine. That could be normal too, about a day to a couple of days after the procedure.

Thanks for telling what an IUD is; I'm glad that it wasn't in the way! I would probably call your urologist and tell him/her about your symptoms and ask if all that is going on is normal. I don't recall having those symptoms that you have. Hope everything is going well!

Closed Thread