It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2002, 07:25 PM   #1

json HB User
Post question about random sharp pain in lower abdomen

My name is Jason and I have a question about pain I feel in my lower abdomen that is random and lasts from just several seconds to a few minutes. I am 30 yrs old and have been feeling this since I was a pre-teen. The pain is very sharp and it is just above my penis. I have read as much as I can to get answers but not sure if it is kidney stones or what. I can say I don't have any kind of discomfort when I urinate or red, pink etc urine, much as I have read about here. Sometimes I can go a month or more and not feel any pain. Sometimes I will feel the pain a few times a week. It usually doesn't last long but it is very sharp and if I am around people when it happens it is impossible for me to hide it from people w/o gritting my teeth or something like that. I guess part of the reason I have never seen a doctor is fear of what he will find out. I have heard horror stories about passing stones, even though I don't know if that is it.

Another worry is when I was very young I had to have surgery as I had one testicle that had to be surgically lowered w/in my body. I know there is a better way to describe it but I only had one testicle below my penis and the other one was somehow higher up in my body. So I used to wonder if that contributed to it as the pain is just above my penis. If anyone knows anything about this and can offer some insight it would be greatly appreciated. I know I need to see a doctor and I will. But I really would like some insight so I know exactly what kind of doctor I need to see. Thanks again in advance for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2002, 02:56 PM   #2

fedupgirl HB User
I have no idea what your problem is but I will try to offer you some of my thoughts. I have suffered from kidney stones since I was 13 (now 24), and it does not seem like that is the problem - only because your pain is localized (if it is a stone w/that much pain it would seem that it would cause a blockage - and the pain would also be in your kidney or bladder). Although it very well may be, I would buy the little hemasticks that test for blood in your urine. Although you may not be able to see it - it could be there and these will let you. That would at least let you know if you have blood in your urine and possibly passing stones (try to do it around the time you are feeling the pain). You had mentioned you had a testicle that did not descend until surgery. Could it possibly be adhesions from that surgery? I have heard that they can be very painful at times. Has the pain only been since that surgery? My last little thought is possibly a hernia? I have read about hernias in that area and they say there might be a bulge.? I would check into it especially if there is any kind of lump or bulge. I hope my thoughts help you and everything goes well for you!

Old 11-28-2002, 06:25 PM   #3

json HB User
fedupgirl,

Your thoughts and info definitely helped me. I have started a new schedule at work that has me working saturdays and off on mondays so I will make an appt w/ a doctor soon on the next available monday. Of course that is just an excuse as I can always make time for an appt but I guess the embarassment of where the pain is and the fear of what will be found out have contributed to me not seeing a doctor. Thanks again and I will be sure to post what was found out after my doctor appt.

Closed Thread