It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2002, 05:10 AM   #1

B-Jean HB User
Post UTI's

Am wondering if anyone here has had trouble getting rid of a UTI(urinary tract infection)? I was just put on a strong antibiotic, drank lots of water and cranberry juice. The doc called yesterday and my culture still showed bacteria Am afraid they might have to put me in the hospital on an IV!!! My mother had a kidney removed when she was quite young.
Thanks for any replies!
B-Jean

Old 12-18-2002, 08:16 AM   #2

bluegirlie HB User
Please listen to this advice and do not see a doctor for your UTIs..instead get a good urologist. I lived with constant infections, which basically ruined my life, for 2 years until I went to see my Urologist. Now I have been free of infections for 9 months. In my case, there was not bacteria in the urine culture but I still felt like I had a UTI and would get up every night 2 or 3 times to use the bathroom. Ended up that there was bacteria left over in my urethra and that sometimes does not show up in the culture tests. I was put on a light antibiotic for 2 months, and since then my life is wonderful! Trust me, go see a urologist.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2002, 09:24 AM   #3

B-Jean HB User
Hi Blue,
Thanks for replying! I am waiting to hear from my doc today to see what we are going to do with my current situation. I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow so am on a clear liquid diet all day today:frown: The doc has also mentioned an exploratory laporoscopy becuz of my history with endometriosis(for which I had a hysterectomy in Feb). They might have missed some on my bowel and bladder .
Happy Holiday's
Will try to keep you updated.
Thanks again , B-Jean

Old 12-18-2002, 02:23 PM   #4

mothmin HB User
Unhappy

B. yeh I'm going though it right now, and it's the worst thing i've ever felt. I woke up in the recovery room friday night from my spinal surgery needing to pee, and have still not been able to complely emty, I'm going on 5 nights without sleep cause I have to go evey 30 minutes, and it hurts bad. I'm on some antibiotics and had an emergency catheter tuesday night... nothing came out? I'm really worried and sleepy. good luck

Old 12-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #5
(female)

spicket317 HB User
im am a 35 yr old female having the same problem i have had a uti for over a yr now that will not clear up they put me on antibiotics for 10 days at a time still i have it the urolgist i went to done a ivp and test where he ran a camera up to look at my bladder and kidneys the tests were fine he says there is no pus in my urine tests but i am having large anounts of blood, i have to go back jan 21 to check again so i have no clue what he is going to do but these uti's are torture

Old 12-21-2002, 08:06 AM   #6

B-Jean HB User
Hi again!
Guess what-the doctor would not do the colonoscopy becuz of my slight heart problem-grrrrrrr. My regular doc was very mad! Well anyway they are sending me to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota-a gyn for my endometriosis. I have also posted in the high and low blood pressure board if you want to see the *whole* story.lol
Thanks and hope you 2 are doing well.
Wishes for a Happy Holiday!
B-Jean

Old 12-21-2002, 08:08 AM   #7

B-Jean HB User
Sorry-I guess it was 3 of you!

Old 12-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #8

Enchante HB User
For spicket317
I have had a lot of episodes of passing large amounts of blood in urine. Have had every test known of and all come back showing atypical cells but no cancer has been found, which they expected. I have taken my share of medications for it but I can depend on having my urinary period every 60 days give or take a few days...
I am scheduled for another cystoscope this Monday morning...I am so sick of this stuff and know you are too...maybe we will both get over it someday!

Closed Thread