It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2002, 12:55 PM   #1

Enchante HB User
Post Bloody urine

A lot of red blood in urine. Have had all the tests and nothing shows an infection still doc treats it as an infection and this is the 2 doc I have seen. Urologists both. Made numerous trips to ER to no avail. Next thing is a lab test that had to be sent off to a lab to detect where the blood is coming from but so far nothing has come back. Have had cystascop, xrays, cat scan. No kidney damage. When doc did the cysto he said he found red dots covering my bladder. He had them bioposied and they didnt find cancer but doc says he doesnt know what they are...What am I to do next? This has been going on since May this year. If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would be very appreciative....

Old 12-21-2002, 03:08 AM   #2

TROY HB User
In regards to the red dots, maybe you could suggest an inflamed bladder lineing,i read about it in a book,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2003, 02:57 AM   #3

HelpMeImBroken HB User
GO TO DIFFERENT DOCTORS! My father had a similar, almost identical problem, and his doctor did some sort of special tests on him, and he had a milignant tumor on the bladder, and ended up being diagnosed with bladder and prostate cancers. Get it found and treated IMMEDIATELY... because of the length of time my father waited to get on the ball about the bloody urine, caused him to have his bladder removed.

Just keeping going back to the doc until they find something. Dont sleep on this one, it could be major.

Luckilly, my dad is now doing just fine, and living a relatively normal life.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:28 AM   #4

MammyMambo HB User
Sounds like it could be interstitial cystitis. Google it to find the IC Association. You should be able to fine a doc in your ara who knows about it. There are few doctors who have knowledge of it, unless they have a specific interest. The red dots on your bladder could be small ulcers. IC is not an infection, but rather a chronic disorder. If you do have IC, there are medications you can try, but you have to find a doctor who knows about it.

Closed Thread